Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

GrimReaper

Yeah bummer, it looked very detailed.

PepsiMike

Quote from: Hard_Duck on February 19, 2017, 04:21:18 AM

For various reasons, this project has been cancelled.
What are the reasons? Can't you just release a demo of what you already have?

Hard_Duck

There is no playable demo yet, otherwise I would of course release the final state. I spendt a lot of time on the 3d content only the last two years to give it somewhat at least AA quality. So there are no gameplay mechanics or logic presentable still today.

The reasons vary from disagreement with the Music/SoundFX department about the legality of using some of the stuff of the album covers as pure reference to model the enemys(which I tought should be absoluteley fine, when doing it with no commercial intention)... as well as the fear of getting problems with buzz and dale about making them figures without even asking them properly(although we implicitly already did at a concert as we talked to Dale). I did not have the energy, besides carrying the whole creation process game development wise alone, to care about this legality or royalty aspects anymore. And the disagreement persistet.

This was especially the case, as we talked about releasing the stuff in the end. Music and SoundFX department was too fearful to ever release something, if one would not have the written permission of the melvins, atlantic, kozik, or other involved parties or without paying royalties to them. So I was forced to lay down my work, cause I wouldnt work for something, someone in the group would not wanted to be realeased or only under certain conditions. As for me, I thought this always would be considered fan art, and with no commercial intention of selling anything, making it all for free, and giving the proper reference (e.g. to kozik for the base concepts), I always felt fine. But as this whole discussion about the legality and stuff started the second time, I was at the limit of my energy for it.

I´m currently hard working on my personal portfolio as a 3d game artist, and this was just a point where I had to leave it behind, as hard as it was... and concentrate on my personal career, instead of continuing doing a melvins game fulltime (not thaaaat big of a melvins fan or fanboy anyway, I just loved the idea to create a videogame about them)

Another thing that bothered me was that out of my experience these two years, I always felt the other participants did not dedicate enough to the game development itself and where not consent to help with learning and growing of the process and do some more game related more of the heavy lifting stuff from the start on, or at least lacked the interest about it completely. Even with continuous tries of activation by me as project leader. So I mostly felt all alone on the project coordination, planning and pure development, in short : alone at the production front. I wasnt able to bear that anymore and I do have lots of other game ideas wich I wanted to develop for years. There was once an attempt to get an other melvins fan I did find, who coincidentally happened to also be a programmer, on board, but this also did not turn into a successfful collaboration from the start.

In the end, this would jus have been free melvins promo, with no single benifit for me and according to the music/soundFX designer, we would even had to pay royalties on top of that for making it, once, or even the rest of our lives. At this point I was not willing to push another 1-2 years  to a final demo or a possible end product.

Im sorry for anyone who was looking forward to this. I will still finish the now 95% complete buzz game character and post it here with a link to my portfolio some time in the future, for anyone who might still be interested to see how he finally turned out. As well as the "TomGun" and maybe some of the diffrent guitars, which I will also let be part of my portfolio. For all the other stuff and the game itself im afraid, its dead and there is no chance to revive the project.

deatheats

Sorry to hear that dude!  Thanks for your efforts!

Hard_Duck

If anyone is interested, I released the final pics of BuZZ. Wanted to finish him nevertheless. Also released a video of Dale running around in Game. You can have a look on the Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/HAG-Hostile-Ambient-Gameover-1631499280450792/

Also if someone likes to continue this, I´d be happy to share the content I created so far. But I wont keep it on my Hard drive and will sometime soon delete the stuff to get space again. Thanks to everyone who was interested in my work and in this project.