Books

Started by Mesteren, October 30, 2004, 02:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesteren

So, according to the Ipecac Store "Neither Here Nor There" is MEL-BK3 and the "Trick & Riddle" Book is MEL-BK4.

NOW WHAT THE HELL IS MEL-BK1 AND MEL-BK2????
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

anaconda

maybe MEL-BK1 AND MEL-BK2 are the first two pressings of
the hardcover version. The one on the Ipecac store now (MEL-BK3)
is the soft-cover version. Just a guess.

Mr. Bandit

This Trick & Riddle book, is that the one which could be bought on melvins shows and was mentioned as the HAT booklet by some guys in the melvins show reviews section? Or is it something new?

anaconda

it's the same one mentioned as 'the hat booklet'

Mesteren

Quote from: anacondamaybe MEL-BK1 AND MEL-BK2 are the first two pressings of
the hardcover version. The one on the Ipecac store now (MEL-BK3)
is the soft-cover version. Just a guess.

Sounds reasonable. Just checked my order confirmation for the signed hardcover book and it says MEL-BK1.
Was there an un-signed hardcover book as well (MEL-BK2)?
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

Mr. Bandit

Quote from: anacondait's the same one mentioned as 'the hat booklet'

Thx.

Is there some interesting stuff in it?

anaconda

From what i've seen it looks pretty nice, its all in pink and brown.
klump ordered one so hopefully he'll scan every page and
put them all up on the 'net for us to enjoy!!

klump

why the hell would i do that????
dont be cheap bastards... :P

i can scan some of it

but i have some awesome rare melvins and cows interviews i will scan soon :D

Vcavallo

i ordered a trick and riddle book.  if i get some collateral i may digitally photograph every page and put it somewhere..  but i'd at least like to get a live video from the last tour out of it.  maybe from that cheap motherfucker that is keeping them from everyone!?
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

klump

yeah! who the hell is bogarthing the vids??? :x

Dreambox

I got the Trick & Riddle book at the Melvins show in NYC.  It's kind of a like a miniature Neither Here Nor There, mostly just little funny pictures of toys and collages and weird photos and a few Melvins live photos and some riddles (but no answers...isn't that typical?)

It's cool.