Three Men and a Baby

Started by goldennuggetrecordings, March 04, 2016, 07:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldennuggetrecordings

welp, the online preview came out today for preorderers...

i have to say track six has a bit of tool to it... regardless of who influenced who in the scenario... having said that, the next track reminds me of patton to some degree...

thats really all i wanted to say for now. just trying to wet some appetites.

and spoiler alert.....

we get to hear crover do blast beats.... never thought that would happen... unless i just missed something

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

blacksanta

Mine came yesterday. Bassheads will be pleased with this release, the low end is great. The drums sound great. Not every song is a winner, but this does feel like a collaboration album, not a Melvins album with a guest. Limited Teeth and Bummer Conversation melted my face, but my two favorite tracks were Dead Pile and Dead Canaries. They both have a nice, creepy vibe.

Best part of the album? The production. It was nice to hear new material under a different producer. I like Toshi/Melvins production, but all Melvins since 2002 have been recorded by Toshi, so there is a certain "sameness" to the overall sound of their records. This was a nice change for the ears.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

(the) Razor

Don't click this

meezer

Quote from: blacksanta on March 29, 2016, 12:09:36 PM
Best part of the album? The production. It was nice to hear new material under a different producer. I like Toshi/Melvins production, but all Melvins since 2002 have been recorded by Toshi, so there is a certain "sameness" to the overall sound of their records. This was a nice change for the ears.
Great point!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

LuckMach3

Quote from: (the) Razor on March 31, 2016, 04:16:45 AM
First review isn't too hot:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/features/ae/3998124-album-review-mike-melvins-effort-sadly-not-worth-wait

The guy is entitled to his opinion but saying, "the Melvins made people wait nearly two decades for an album" makes it sound like Chinese Democracy.  I was under the impression most of us thought the whole thing was cancelled and we'd get the demos at some point on a boxset of unreleased material.

Quote from: blacksanta on March 29, 2016, 12:09:36 PM

I agree to an extent.  I really like the production on The Maggot but here...it's hard to explain.  To me it's almost like the production job wasn't finished or something.  The album sounds unlistenable through certain speakers around my apartment.  Through my Bose headphones it still sounds...lacking in some way. 

Toshi does a fine job but I would like to hear someone else every other record just to mix it up a bit.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Dumpster D

Yeah and straight up Double Kicks too but sounds like it was done as a deliberate cliche.. he will never be like any other drummer for the very reason he does not employ these techniques.

glen

hey I've got a question...  why couldn't dead canaries have been about 20 minutes longer? 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

glen

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 07, 2016, 06:42:17 AM
Quote from: glen on April 07, 2016, 06:38:11 AM
hey I've got a question...  why couldn't dead canaries have been about 20 minutes longer?
I remember you saying the exact same thing about 'Holy Barbarians' on Freak Puke.

put me down for another 20 minutes of the end of Foaming and a solid 25 of the end of We Are Doomed.     sometimes MELVINS find a groove that they could ride endlessly.  MELVINS magic at work.

(the) Razor

What do you mean only sometimes?  :P
Don't click this

BERZERKER

Got my hands on the cd first yesterda and after spinning it on the car stereo back and forth from work the verdict is, I`m stoked, the best record sine Lustmord. Melvins as they shall be, weird, inventive, strange and dangerous. A masterpiece.

Hands First Flower

This is a truly great release. Would love more like this.
What a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?

glen

Quote from: Hands First Flower on August 02, 2016, 12:48:22 AM
This is a truly great release. Would love more like this.

I endorse this statement.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards