Portland OR 5-3-16 roseland

Started by von grip, May 03, 2016, 09:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von grip

savage imperial death march tour!
"im ol' south!"

goldennuggetrecordings

Well I based my decision on the Seattle show Sunday where the melt banana finished at 9... I was running late. But made it in at 9 and missed 4 melvins songs :(

von grip

"im ol' south!"

deatheats

Great set by the Melvins!  One of the finest in recent memory.

Was bummed all the vinyl was sold out though...

John Schuller

blacksanta

While my reaction to the setlist was initially meh, I really enjoyed the different energy with MacDonald on bass. The set was fast, punky and classic rock feeling. Lots of solos. Decay of Lying is a new masterpiece. Melt Banana blew me away.  We stuck around for about a third of Napalm Death, I'm glad I saw them, but a little grindcore goes a long way for me. All in all, I'm glad I caught this line-up. The Pinkus era was slow and sludgy, this set was fast!
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

deatheats

Yeah, after seeing last night's show I gotta concur thst Steven is a perfect fit for the Melvins. 

Just the right amount of wacky, goofball enthusiam coupled with some serious chops. 

On a slightly different note it seems like Buzz has been really animated on stage lately.  I wonder if his time on the solo tour taught him a few new tricks?

goldennuggetrecordings

I caught the Seattle show and the Portland show and I have to say, Steven is an awesome fit! Buzz seems like he's having a lot of fun on this tour, and napalm deaths kick drums are all I could hear. Oh and the vocals lol I mean at times you could hear more but those kick drums were a little too much haha