Prick Re-release Party

Started by jules, June 03, 2016, 06:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelk

Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 25, 2016, 09:22:56 PM
Quote from: Bigval on June 25, 2016, 08:15:35 PM
Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 25, 2016, 07:12:08 PM
Anyone know how much the tickets are? Or any other information? Facebook has figured out that I don't have an account so they're making it tough for me to lurk. Either that or I'm just paranoid. I have been hittin' the conspiracy docs pretty hard on YouTube lately.  8-[

Slightly off topic but when you visit a bands Facebook page do you get that annoying banner that covers like a third of the screen asking you to sign in with 'not now' being an option? I click on not now and then the banner/blocker turns into half a page and I can barely read anything.

I remember you used to be able to view Facebook pages in full without signing up or logging in.

Yes, Yes!!! Exactly! It fucking sucks and I lose patience after about ten seconds!
Okay, glad I'm not the only one.

Quote from: joelk on June 25, 2016, 07:22:55 PM

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/melvins-prick-release-party-tickets-25999857273

Thanks!
*edit- Ticket bought! I hope that Reaper fella makes it out. That Idle fella better be there too! Brian and JUDY too, woohoo and who knows, maybe I'll finally get to meet my email pal JoelK! Also, I'm glad it's inside this time around. I might have to bring the kids to the movie depending on the starting time.

Yes! I thought that this account must be you! Now I know for sure, Minneapolis Kid! I'm pumped to meet you in the flesh as well!

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: joelk on June 26, 2016, 07:09:22 PM
Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 25, 2016, 07:12:08 PM
Anyone know how much the tickets are? Or any other information? Facebook has figured out that I don't have an account so they're making it tough for me to lurk. Either that or I'm just paranoid. I have been hittin' the conspiracy docs pretty hard on YouTube lately.  8-[

Slightly off topic but when you visit a bands Facebook page do you get that annoying banner that covers like a third of the screen asking you to sign in with 'not now' being an option? I click on not now and then the banner/blocker turns into half a page and I can barely read anything.

I remember you used to be able to view Facebook pages in full without signing up or logging in.

Yes, Yes!!! Exactly! It fucking sucks and I lose patience after about ten seconds!
Okay, glad I'm not the only one.

Quote from: joelk on June 25, 2016, 07:22:55 PM

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/melvins-prick-release-party-tickets-25999857273

Thanks!
*edit- Ticket bought! I hope that Reaper fella makes it out. That Idle fella better be there too! Brian and JUDY too, woohoo and who knows, maybe I'll finally get to meet my email pal JoelK! Also, I'm glad it's inside this time around. I might have to bring the kids to the movie depending on the starting time.

Yes! I thought that this account must be you! Now I know for sure, Minneapolis Kid! I'm pumped to meet you in the flesh as well!

Me too buddy!

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 26, 2016, 04:10:56 AM
Yeah that was what eventually made me take the plunge into signing up. A bit annoying but i don't mind too much because i only use it for following bands anyway.

Yeah me too as so many bands/artists only have FB pages these days and it being so unbearable to view with that shit all over the page so I signed up and like you just created an account to see what bands/artists I'm into are doing.

Idlehanz

I'll be there. 

It's not official but we may have two showings.  Early evening and late evening. 

meezer

Quote from: Bigval on June 26, 2016, 09:25:47 PM
...just created an account to see what bands/artists I'm into are doing.
This. All day long.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: meezer on June 26, 2016, 09:31:43 PM
This. All day long.

I tried awhile back and I just can't do it. If there was a way to block every single comment then I might try again.

Quote from: Idlehanz on June 26, 2016, 09:30:26 PM

I'll be there. 

It's not official but we may have two showings.  Early evening and late evening. 

Need a ride from the airport, you big sexy man?

Idlehanz

Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 26, 2016, 10:19:19 PM
This. All day long.

I tried awhile back and I just can't do it. If there was a way to block every single comment then I might try again.

I'll be there. 

Probably!

(PAUL)

I kind of wish there was a plug in to web browsers like ad block software for comments on websites. At least most are at the bottom of the page. Also a friend of mine moderates the website of a paper and had this to say: Curious whether there are people in your community who are racist garbage? Try moderating the comments on a website! You'll soon find that everyone is garbage and life is a dumpster fire.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: Idlehanz on June 26, 2016, 10:43:53 PM
Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 26, 2016, 10:19:19 PM
This. All day long.

I'll be there. 

Probably!

Alright! I better get more than a back rub this time! The whole "I'm tired" ain't gonna work on me this time around.
I'm a lonely, lonely man.

The Minneapolis Kid

A friend of mine was telling me that the Melvins are going to be "Playing" Prick in it's entirety....while the idea sounds like it could be pretty interesting, seeing that there's only what two songs, songs on the whole thing has me thinking he don't know nothin'. I also don't know nothin'. Any word on the legitimacy of that? Speaking of asking more questions, who's slappin' bass this go around?

JUDY

I'm glad you were able to sort all that out  8)

I'm really looking forward to this event.

...And the movie, too. Very excited to see it.

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: JUDY on June 29, 2016, 11:34:10 AM

Doing the best I can.

Do you still want the Godzilla month from my calendar?

JUDY

Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 29, 2016, 11:37:10 AM

Doing the best I can.

Yeah, save it for me! If you wanna. No biggie if you can't. I am up to my knees in things and stuff and I sometimes feel like I am drowning. But hey, one extra paper stock shouldn't bring the whole place down.

B had a Godzilla calendar custom made for me that I am using this year. It has stills from the showa series movies (1954- 1975) sequentially starting with 1954 for January and onward, yadda yadda. It is cool  8)

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: JUDY on June 29, 2016, 11:44:38 AM
Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 29, 2016, 11:37:10 AM

Doing the best I can.

Yeah, save it for me! If you wanna. No biggie if you can't. I am up to my knees in things and stuff and I sometimes feel like I am drowning. But hey, one extra paper stock shouldn't bring the whole place down.

B had a Godzilla calendar custom made for me that I am using this year. It has stills from the showa series movies (1954- 1975) sequentially starting with 1954 for January and onward, yadda yadda. It is cool  8)

I got it set aside for ya. That Brian, what is he? Some kind of Gentleman or something? Man! (That's pretty fucking awesome! I wish he was my boyfriend too! :wink:)
I hope you're doing okay. Let me know if you wanna break and hang out or something. Probably a good idea to give you the Godzilla month before the Prick show. I'm sure you'd rather not have to carry it around with you!

JUDY

Quote from: The Minneapolis Kid on June 29, 2016, 11:59:51 AM
That Brian, what is he? Some kind of Gentleman or something? Man! (That's pretty fucking awesome! I wish he was my boyfriend too! :wink:)

:lol:

and so handsome :love: I'm a lucky gal.

My schedule is freakishly open right now - for the next two weeks at least. I really should start working on stuff for the fall pretty soon but I am getting really used to this - not a whole lot of responsibility at the moment - kinda time. man, this is nice. My mind needed it, big time.
I'm down to hang if you wanna lunch or something soon. Lemme know! Send me a message if you want so we don't have to bungle up this thread  :lol:
Also - Are you going to BIG BIZ on friday?