Buzz Osborne's guide to the greatest Melvins albums ever made

Started by rimb, June 28, 2016, 06:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimb

Another one of these lists.  COD still getting a lot of love and glad to see POTRE is so highly regarded by Buzz

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-06-28/best-albums-melvins-buzz-osborne

Rusty Shackleford

Thanks for the link.  Interesting that Nude With Boots was recorded with one guitar.  And the TOOL bit about 12 minute songs and nothing recorded should get their fans talking and typing.

Captain CoryCory

Buzzo's done one of these top 10s before, I know he has. Still, I love the hints as to what he wants to do (A live show with Lustmord; another album with Trevor Dunn) and the enthusiasm in the read. Not to mention it's not a bad list without taking the easy way out and saying "Houdini".

Still overall a good list, and for those who can barely view the site since it's an Inquisitr level of bad:

-Eggnog
-Pigs of The Roman Empire
-Hold It In
-Nude With Boots
-Freak Puke
-Stoner Witch
- Basses Loaded
- Bullhead
- Colossus of Destiny

The Minneapolis Kid

QuoteI will say that the record wasn't met with a lot of enthusiasm when it came out, which was kind of a head scratcher for me, but to this day I can listen to it and I still think it's a really great record."-Buzzo, in regards to POTRE

That really is a head scratcher. It's definitely in my top ten and I don't really remember any bad reviews but then again most of the "reviews" I read were from here and I felt like it was loved overwhelmingly. I would love to see them do a show together as Buzz mentioned wanting to. I really want another album by those two!
I love that he stands behind COD firm. It really is a great album. Unfortunately that kind of music is still pretty underground and in twenty years that album will have all the kids saying they were the kings of grunge, doom, sludge AND noise! :lol:

meezer

POTRE is a four song ep plus noize. So glad I can program out the noize and just play the four tracks.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bigval

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 28, 2016, 08:43:37 PM
Still overall a good list, and for those who can barely view the site since it's an Inquisitr level of bad:

-Eggnog
-Hold It In
-Nude With Boots
-Freak Puke
-Stoner Witch
- Basses Loaded
- Bullhead
- Colossus of Destiny

This guy needs to get with the program, what no HAT? And if we're including EP's no The Bulls & The Bees? Come on man.

You can tell this Buzz guy isn't a real Melvins fan.

))))((((

Speaking about Hold It In - "We still play a bunch of those songs live" haha what?? All 2 of them! It would be cool to see a Melvins & Lustmord live show. Same goes for the Dunn stand-up bass and electric bass tour idea. More from Melvins Lite is always welcome from me!

Quote from: Bigval on June 29, 2016, 12:38:25 AM
This guy needs to get with the program, what no HAT?
I know!! It's probably their best (or very close to being their best) record they've done!

BERZERKER

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: Bigval on June 29, 2016, 12:38:25 AM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 28, 2016, 08:43:37 PM

-Eggnog
-Hold It In
-Nude With Boots
-Freak Puke
-Stoner Witch
- Basses Loaded
- Bullhead
- Colossus of Destiny

This guy needs to get with the program, what no HAT? And if we're including EP's no The Bulls & The Bees? Come on man.

You can tell this Buzz guy isn't a real Melvins fan.

:lol:

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

JUDY

Interesting list. I'm super happy to see Eggnog POTRE and COD on there. It's hard for me to grasp no Lysol. Or Stag. Or HAT. Or Maggot. Or Ozma. Man, who does this Buzz guy think he is?

LuckMach3

"It was a really fun record to do, and I'd love to do another one with those guys."  Buzz on Hold It In.

Yes!!! Hold It In is highly underrated.  So is Paul Leary for that matter.  It felt so good to hear him playing guitar and screaming again.  It was probably better than what the Butthole Surfers would have come up with at this point.

Also I've always said that Nude with Boots was one of their best records.  I'm glad to see that Buzz still thinks so 8 years later!  Seriously people, give that one another spin and enjoy it for what it is.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

))))((((

Quote from: LuckMach3 on June 29, 2016, 03:50:31 PM
It was probably better than what the Butthole Surfers would have come up with at this point.
I agree. But i do think it would have been better had Paul not turned up for recording. Im not a fan of his songs on the record. Or the Butthole Surfers truth be told.

LuckMach3

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 29, 2016, 03:52:31 PMIm not a fan of his songs on the record. Or the Butthole Surfers truth be told.

You're such a debbie downer sometimes Ian!  Smoke a bowl and stop taking life so seriously!   :P   :toke:
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

))))((((

Quote from: LuckMach3 on June 29, 2016, 03:55:36 PM
You're such a debbie downer sometimes Ian!
HEY!!!!! I resemble that remark!!

Even my av lady looks glum.