Hung Bunny / Roman Dog Bird cassette release from theMelvins.net & Small Doses!

Started by brian, August 09, 2016, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

holy crap... I see JUDY on the cover of a couple of those.   :shock: :shock: :shock:

life: complete
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

JUDY

Quote from: glen on August 10, 2016, 09:51:09 AM
holy crap... I see JUDY on the cover of a couple of those.   :shock: :shock: :shock:

well now that you've given me away... it's true. A much younger and vibrant distortion of JUDY may have made the batch ...

And here it is

glen

BAH!    that's not you.   don't be sheepish.   (oh no... its happening again.)
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

blacksanta

Great job Brian! And does this finally put to rest "Dog Bird" as opposed to "Bird Dog"?
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

brian

Thanks all for the positive remarks! I'm excited to get these out into the world tomorrow night here in Minneapolis! It'll certainly be a minnow swimming amongst all the sought after Haze & Mackie vinyl  :)

In case anyone is interested in the cassette shell details, these are the colors/numbers: (color name descriptions come from the manufacturer http://nationalaudiocompany.com/ )
- 75 - Black
- 75 - Light Pink
- 50 - Lime Green
- 25 - Gray Solid
- 25 - Green Solid
- 25 - Royal Blue Solid
- 25 - Yellow Solid
- 25 - Red Solid
- 25 - Purple Solid
- 25 - Goldenrod
- 25 - Light Blue
- 25 - Rhodamine Red
- 25 - Orange
- 25 - Dark Blue
- 25 - Gold Metallic

The Black and Light Pink are "band exclusive" colors. They also got a handful of the Lime Greens.
The Rhodamine Red's have been dubbed the BBS exclusive color so if you choose to make an order when the times comes on the small doses site and want one of those shoot me a PM with your order# to get one of those until they run out if interested. Also, if you ever see one of the dark green tapes on eBay let me know because that means one of my friend's is a jerk  :lol:

Idlehanz

Yea, I'm gonna need a keep pretty copy and a playing copy for my vehicle

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Idlehanz on August 10, 2016, 09:07:11 PM
You've gotta copy the cassette to another blank cassette, and then use that cassette for every day use.   :lol:
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Idlehanz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 10, 2016, 09:29:58 PM
You've gotta copy the cassette to another blank cassette, and then use that cassette for every day use.   :lol:

You're assuming I have that ability!

I'd rather buy two and make Brian rich!

homeless_dad

This is completely epic!!
:excited:

Most excellent work, man!! Really. These look beautiful!!
Fingers crossed that I score one.
[-o<
And I actually own a cassette player, right next to my turntable on the shag carpet.
Is Ian back yet??

Joe Blow

Excellent looking cassettes brian!  Hoping to get into the show tomorrow and if I do, I'll be sure to pickup a copy!  It's great that it's a local set!

Dumpster D

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 10, 2016, 09:29:58 PM

I believe that is Referred to as *Dubbing*..and, if you need this done with yours let me know, I can probly do a smaller run of *player* copies for people if I can get my hands on a few copies if you dont intend to use yours for everyday listening.

And...on closer inspection those sleeves look Absolutely Top notch! Like, Just WOW! That is all, good work! well done! Im so proud of you Brian!  8) Who did the printing? ooooo... foil stamping! its SOOO HOT!!! MMMM-MMMMmm!!!!  =P~

I am also curious to inquire what sort of High speed dubbing machine was used for the run.

What Type of Pancakes are those Shells Loaded with, are they deadstock or is it something Totally new as older tape can behave like Film and eventually wash over time making margin for inconsistencies and affect overall Lifespan...Also, is it mixed batch of Tape stock?..not to be technical but this would make front page headlines over at www.tapeheads.net and you should get in touch with some of those people and make an announcement about it there! it will Turn some heads...(no tape pun intended!) 

My guess is TASCAM T-3000 Tape duplicator machines were involved.

ohhh man, Im having a serious moment right now.   

So proud to be a member here.

von grip

:love: dam these r really f-ing awesome-a def MUST HAVE
goddam i wish i was going to grumpys-
"im ol' south!"

von grip

think all PORTLAND folks should get one by default since they r going to be printed here, just sayin
"im ol' south!"