Melvins of the Universe!

Started by angryblue, August 19, 2016, 08:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angryblue

Here's the poster from last night and a video of my and my wife-lady printing it!

video!

here are a few other melvins posters i've made:

meezer

Thanks for posting this. Great stuff!  =D>
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Jozzy

:shock: you need to do some Melvins Michigan posters! [-o<

That looks fantastic!

glen

I dig the colors on the Disney spoofs.   nice job taking that theme in a different direction other than mutated mickey mouse beast which is a little overdone.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

brian

all of them are awesome, thank you for sharing!

angryblue

Quote from: glen on August 19, 2016, 09:48:34 AM
I dig the colors on the Disney spoofs.   nice job taking that theme in a different direction other than mutated mickey mouse beast which is a little overdone.

Thanks. It was mainly an excuse to draw Malificent - who is my favorite villain. She's wonderful. But I also genuinely love Disney's visual history, so just wanted to make it fun and sort of drugged out instead of redlining it.

glen

to me your Melbourne and Millvale PA posters have a classic "steamboat willy" Disney feel as well.  but with unimagined colors.   whoever put neons in place of shades of gray and black?   nobodies! that's who.   

John Schuller

Some of my favorite Melvins posters ever.

anaconda

you do great work! Always loved the Ding Dong artwork

angryblue

that's such a great venue name.

Buzzinthebox

Were you at SXSW in Austin at the poster convention earlier this year? Met some cool artists who did work for the melvins. Great work man
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

angryblue

I haven't been to sxsw in a long ass time. maybe since flatstock 7.

A LOT of us do melvins posters. I think we all pretty much love how silly we can be with them vs other bands.

BERZERKER

This is astonishingly tough stuff. I seldom care for other stuff than the music of Melvins, but this is spot on!