Melvins 2016-08-20 Grand Rapids, MI

Started by bigfil38, August 21, 2016, 12:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfil38

AWESOME SHOW.
SOMEONE SPILLED A FULL BEER DOWN MY BACK TWO SONGS IN.
TOOK AROUND 700 PICS LAST NIGHT.  LOOKING TO GET THOSE UP TONIGHT AFTER REVIEWING.
I HOPE EVERYONE LIKES RED LIGHTING.  IT MADE SHOOTING A LITTLE TOUGH.
MY DAD SHOWED UP WITH ABOUT FOUR SONGS LEFT, WHICH MEANT I DIDN'T NEED TO UBER HOME.
EARS STILL RINGING.

JOZZY HAD A HOME EMERGENCY AND HAD TO BAIL ON THE SHOW.  WE'RE NOT FAR ENOUGH PAST YET FOR ME TO TEASE HIM RELENTLESSLY.

DAT IS ALL. :-({|=

[attachment deleted by admin]

Captain CoryCory

Last two shows had all red lighting... And a great verbal jab from Buzz to some photographer:

"You know I've had it up to here with that flash! Thank you!"

glen

Ego the living planet sighting.   

Give me the GR house sound system any day .   After the imperial death march tour show in Detroit it was nice to actually make some sense of the sounds I was hearing as opposed to trying to keep my dinner down due to severe audio torture.   I'll still stand by my motown crowd though.   Why all the leaning? Beardy McHornrims with constant elbow pressure.  I went and stepped on some poor girl's foot thanks to you jerks.

I nabbed a killer mackie art basses loaded. 16 of 28.   

And then I drove home 2.5 hours on shitty two lane country ass Amish buggy roads dodging deer and possums to beat 60.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bigfil38

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on August 21, 2016, 05:53:53 PM
Last two shows had all red lighting... And a great verbal jab from Buzz to some photographer:

"You know I've had it up to here with that flash! Thank you!"
YEP.  EXACT REASON I ONLY USED IT FOR ONE SHOT ALL SHOW.  I DIDN'T WANT TO PISS ANYONE OFF. 

John Schuller

Quote from: DAYSTAR on August 22, 2016, 11:14:25 PM
Took my 11yo to his first show. Everyone was so good to us. They made room at the front of the stage for him, made sure he could see, gave him high fives, threw him the horns, and looked out for him when it got a little rowdy. I really appreciated everyone looking out for my kid. First pic, waiting for Helms Alee. Second pic, gazing upon the King. Buzz came to the front of the stage many times bending down right into him. I don't know if Buzz knew he was there or not, but what a cool experience. Dude on the other side of me said "man, that kid's having the show of his lifetime." Indeeeeeeed.

Any kid bad ass enough to be at a Melvins show deserves to be up front with the best view in the house!!!!

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

glen

:banana:

fucking awesome Day.      I wish I had known you were in the house. I would have come met your boy.   

did you guys move to steven's side of the stage during MELVINS set?  I ask because there was another young fella on that side at the stage directly in front of me who looked to be about 10 or 11.   

PS:  next time I go to a show I'm dressing like this:

maybe then MF'ers would look out for me instead of laying on the elbow.    :D
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bigfil38

Quote from: glen on August 23, 2016, 06:23:59 AM
:banana:

fucking awesome Day.      I wish I had known you were in the house. I would have come met your boy.   

did you guys move to steven's side of the stage during MELVINS set?  I ask because there was another young fella on that side at the stage directly in front of me who looked to be about 10 or 11.   

PS:  next time I go to a show I'm dressing like this:

maybe then MF'ers would look out for me instead of laying on the elbow.    :D
HAHA, I MUST HAVE BEEN RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.  I SAW THAT KID. \:D/

bigfil38

HELMS ALEE PICS.  I'M STILL TRYING TO WORK THROUGH MELVINS PICS.  NOT REAL HAPPY WITH HOW THEY TURNED OUT.  FUCK RED LIGHTS.

https://www.facebook.com/LBLgigpics/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1669381863388278

EGO the Living Planet

Great show. I really liked the venue (Short's on tap!). Got a picture with Dale!