Crystal Fairy! New Band w/ Buzz, Dale, Teri Gender Bender & Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Started by vince furnier, October 04, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeSonyaChin

Pissed Jeans have put some good stuff out in the past decade.  Just sayin. It's really all subjective and silly to get bent out of shape over.

dead mike

Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on March 09, 2017, 07:10:59 PM
Pissed Jeans have put some good stuff out in the past decade.  Just sayin. It's really all subjective and silly to get bent out of shape over.
Agree on both points. I wanted to include Pissed Jeans, but I figured that might prompt someone to shriek "THEY'RE NOISE-PUNK, GET IT RIGHT LOL"

Oh and speaking of Pissed Jeans, the new album is better than Crystal Fairy. Maybe.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

John Schuller

Quote from: dead mike on March 09, 2017, 07:22:56 PM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on March 09, 2017, 07:10:59 PM
Agree on both points. I wanted to include Pissed Jeans, but I figured that might prompt someone to shriek "THEY'RE NOISE-PUNK, GET IT RIGHT LOL"

Oh and speaking of Pissed Jeans, the new album is better than Crystal Fairy. Maybe.

The band name Pissed Jeans is about 1,000 times better than Crystal Fairy. I now have high hopes!

Gotta check them out. I do like myself some noise-punk.

DeeSonyaChin

This song got me into Pissed Jeans. It makes me want to piss my jeans. It's not their best, but for some reason I love it!!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BstpFV98mRg

deatheats

Yeah, it is one of their poppier songs which is probably why I like it so much.  They write some of the best lyrics ever...All about modern life crises.

shits and gigs

hard rock?   sad sack has a hard on for anything melvins related.

what's with the gay labeling?  Who even says hard rock?  dork.

stronger stuff than CRYSTAL FAIRY..
just off the top of my head :lol:
* THE FUCKING WRATH-Valley of the Serpents
* Tweak Bird- reservations
* -(16)- Lifespan of a moth
* Today is the Day-Animal Mother

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

pootshoot

Quote from: dead mike on March 09, 2017, 06:37:43 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on March 09, 2017, 03:24:26 PM
Quote from: some guy on March 09, 2017, 03:09:19 PM
Quote from: dead mike on March 08, 2017, 08:41:20 AM
Quote from: sadcorps on March 04, 2017, 10:55:19 AM
Best Hard Rock album in a decade.
False.

always a ray of sunshine, this guy

I just want him to enlighten me. Seriously, if there is a better Hard Rock Album that has come out in the last decade - I wanna know!!!!!
Even if we rule out all the albums by melvins, Big Business and bands of that are closer to "metal," and not "hard rock" ...

Sol Invictus
...Like Clockwork
Several albums by Ty Segall
Several albums by Tomahawk
Them Crooked Vultures
Icky Thump
The first two Red Fang albums
Post Pop Depression

This is not a complete list, of course, just stuff that happens to be on my music player or that I could think of off the top of my head. Another thing they have in common? They're all better than Crystal Fairy.

Now please do the Internet argument thing and carefully refute each and every one of these, or at least explain in great detail why one or more of these is subgenre-X and not "hard rock."

...Like Crockwork is not hard rock- shitty QOTSA fay period BS

BERZERKER

Seems like this new project has gone under the radar for the record store and chains here in Norway, no one had ever heard of Crystal Fairy. Melvins all know about, but they didn`t know this was the bands new project, so I had no luck on my purchase hunt saturday. So now I will have to use Amazon.

BERZERKER

Hard rock has always been the most lame labels on music ever. Makes you think about Krokus, Def Leppard, Ratt etc, classic hard rock from the eighties.

shits and gigs

Quote from: BERZERKER on March 13, 2017, 07:28:58 AM
Hard rock has always been the most lame labels on music ever. Makes you think about Krokus, Def Leppard, Ratt etc, classic hard rock from the eighties.

totally.

Whitesnake  fluff.
I do like KROKUS "screaming in the night" viddy.. :nerd:

Stonergrunge

Don't know if I'm gonna be able to buy this on CD during the next 3 or 4 months, there is a lot of big expenses I need to cover so we'll see.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

John Schuller

Quote from: shits and gigs on March 13, 2017, 11:34:11 AM
Quote from: BERZERKER on March 13, 2017, 07:28:58 AM

totally.

Whitesnake  fluff.
I do like KROKUS "screaming in the night" viddy.. :nerd:

You both have glam rock confused with hard rock - but that is cool.

BERZERKER

No, hard rock is the music that wasn't hard enough to be called metal in the eighties. But it was fun, always with a smile.

John Schuller

Quote from: BERZERKER on March 13, 2017, 02:48:04 PM
No, hard rock is the music that wasn't hard enough to be called metal in the eighties. But it was fun, always with a smile.

I will take that - at this point we are just splitting hairs. I think of Hard Rock and Glam Rock as two separate genres, both related to Metal but neither are hard enough to be metal.

I wouldn't call Crystal Fairy a Metal album.