Crystal Fairy! New Band w/ Buzz, Dale, Teri Gender Bender & Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Started by vince furnier, October 04, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: laptop sorcery on March 03, 2017, 03:30:49 PM
wonder if it'll be one of those old school double cd cases ie the wall OR the single cd case w a  plastic divider lol
If i was guessing (and i am!) i'd say a cardboard sleeve where you can put a CD in either end.

Chief Ten Beers

On topic of Crystal Fairy after one week of hearing: I like it a lot. Moth Tongue is my fave tune currently.

I think some of you are too hypercritical of this project. Of course it's going to sound a little more conventional than a standard Melvins album, the music was made to fit Teri's style. It's not reinventing the wheel, it's rock 'n' roll bottom line. The singing is great, the drummer kills, the riffs are awesome, and the bass player holds it down well. 8) Bottom line, I don't understand how you could not love this album if you're a Melvins and/or Le Butcherettes fan.

Bigval

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 03, 2017, 06:01:58 PM
Bottom line, I don't understand how you could not love this album if you're a Melvins and/or Le Butcherettes fan.

It's not bad by any means but I just found the album a bit boring and mundane heard it all before done better.

von grip

On topic of Crystal Fairy after one week of hearing: I like it a lot. Moth Tongue is my fave tune currently.

I think some of you are too hypercritical of this project. Of course it's going to sound a little more conventional than a standard Melvins album, the music was made to fit Teri's style. It's not reinventing the wheel, it's rock 'n' roll bottom line. The singing is great, the drummer kills, the riffs are awesome, and the bass player holds it down well. 8) Bottom line, I don't understand how you could not love this album if you're a Melvins and/or Le Butcherettes fan.

touche chief, touche
"im ol' south!"

the bloat

I'm envisioning some acoustic numbers, some noise songs, some thrash, some lumbering, heavy stuff, some electronic, etc. WIth Buzz's deep love for classic rock and what a double album stands for in that genre, it will likely include all the things that they've tried in the past, rolled into one album. In my opinion, Stag did a great job of blending all those styles together. That will be a tough one to top.

the bloat

QuoteA fine Melvins album but Tommy Goes Berserk absolutely sucks.

I like this song a lot. The first 3 minutes remind me of something you would hear on the Bootlicker. This is one of the few songs in the last 10 years, where the Melvins have actually tried some new sounds. The next six minutes are standard fare. Buzz noodling, etc. Then we have some ambient soundscapes and some chopped up vocals which have been appearing a lot lately at the end of tracks.

Hey! To each their own. I think if you really like what the Melvins do, you would be able to appreciate Tommy Goes Berserk, I've certainly heard worse Melvins songs.

Oscar

I find a lot of the latest Melvins output to be along similarly generic lines, to be honest.
Doesn't mean it's trash, just nothing to write home about.

DCGOD

I'm with Chief & Sadcorps- this is a real keeper. I must admit I had reservations, but they were blown away by a powerful, well written and performed gem of an album.

anaconda

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 23, 2017, 04:29:30 AM
That's obviously just a sleeve (perhaps a cardboard one) that goes over the other cover. Im sure the "proper" cover art is intact beneath.

Nope!

dead mike

Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres