Melvins (KISS) Solo Albums To Be Reissued On Boner Records?!

Started by meezer, November 02, 2016, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

Per Tom Flynn on Melvins Facebook Group.

" However long it takes for the plant to press the things, and more importantly, for me to get my shit together. Maybe four months or something like that"

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Chief Ten Beers

I bought the Lysol/Eggnog & Ozma/Bullhead vinyl reissues, along with the Atlantic ones, all worthwhile with already having the CDs. I don't know if I need these on vinyl. Got the CDs. I find these 3 EPs to be the most uninteresting Melvins releases. Dale's is pretty cool, best of the bunch,  sort of a precursor to Altamont, Buzz's has a few catchy tunes, and Joe's is well, Joe's :?

>>>JZS<<<

POOP GRENADE

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Chief Ten Beers

That would be cool if it's a triple LP in one package. I'll probably get it just from being an OCD Melvins collector, barring it's not at the AmRep crazy prices.

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

glen

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 15, 2016, 09:20:54 AM
Quote from: glen on November 07, 2016, 01:24:26 PM
ya think Joe gets a cut?

Sure, why not? That's his Ep anyway.

if MELVINS own the copyrights to the songs on that album (songs?? what songs??) then I'm guessing the kindness of their heart is not going to be a factor.

now I'm curious... does anyone have their original Joe EP handy?   what are the copyright listings on it?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Mecha Mummy Jr.

Wouldn't copyright be irrelevant in this instance if he wrote the songs? Wouldn't they be registered under his individual publishing LLC that songwriters establish when they make records?

glen

Quote from: Mecha Mummy Jr. on November 15, 2016, 12:00:12 PM
Wouldn't copyright be irrelevant in this instance if he wrote the songs? Wouldn't they be registered under his individual publishing LLC that songwriters establish when they make records?

so do you think every time a copy of Lysol sells Joe gets a check for 18 cents?   and every time a copy of Stag sells Mark gets a check for 18 cents?  and so on and so forth??

I honestly don't care.  strictly for conversation's sake.

(PAUL)

I'm guessing there weren't that many contracts written in the Boner days.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Bigval

Quote from: glen on November 15, 2016, 12:24:10 PM
Quote from: Mecha Mummy Jr. on November 15, 2016, 12:00:12 PM

so do you think every time a copy of Lysol sells Joe gets a check for 18 cents?   and every time a copy of Stag sells Mark gets a check for 18 cents?  and so on and so forth??

That's what usually happens. A mate of a mate had a band with Jello Biafra and one of their songs got used on some Walker, Texas Ranger TV show and anytime that episode aired anywhere in the world he would get a royalty cut. After about $1000 worth Jello would then post it out to him.