Melvins (KISS) Solo Albums To Be Reissued On Boner Records?!

Started by meezer, November 02, 2016, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

coodies

Best buy says expect them May 23rd under the shipping portion.  I see they are all backordered.

mallard

I ordered all 3. Everything on back order except dale's. My delivery date is 3/20 - 3/24 on Joe's and Buzz. Will see.
Also, I ordered the Crystal Fairy vinyl from a record shop and they called today to tell me it has been pushed back to mid March. Whats going on? I did buy it on iTunes.

vince furnier

Quote from: mallard on February 25, 2017, 02:23:48 AM
I ordered all 3. Everything on back order except dale's. My delivery date is 3/20 - 3/24 on Joe's and Buzz. Will see.
Also, I ordered the Crystal Fairy vinyl from a record shop and they called today to tell me it has been pushed back to mid March. Whats going on? I did buy it on iTunes.
This happens to pretty much every Melvins vinyl release. When vinyl dropped off in popularity 20 years ago, very few albums were produced on vinyl format. The industry reacted to the drop in demand by scrapping pressing plants, even melting down the equipment. As this wave of popularity increases from the recent vinyl comeback, the few pressing plants that remained have been struggling to meet the demand for orders.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

John Schuller

Quote from: vince furnier on February 25, 2017, 07:39:07 AM
This happens to pretty much every Melvins vinyl release. When vinyl dropped off in popularity 20 years ago, very few albums were produced on vinyl format. The industry reacted to the drop in demand by scrapping pressing plants, even melting down the equipment. As this wave of popularity increases from the recent vinyl comeback, the few pressing plants that remained have been struggling to meet the demand for orders.

And the add insult to injury, smaller run albums take a backseat on the pressing plants to-do list whenever something like the new Lana Del Rey needs to be pressed in insane quantities.

Hot Pants

Quote from: vince furnier on February 25, 2017, 07:39:07 AM

the Atlantic ones, the twofers, Basses Loaded etc. are all still pretty widely available from what im seeing.

Crystal Fairy is probably just running behind on reprints (if it has been released at all yet?). not sure about the solo EP's. just a small print run maybe? or maybe just waiting on another run.

sucks that i missed out on Dale for cheap. hopefully BB comes through with the other two i ordered, but im not holding my breath.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

mallard

I was in Oxford Ms today and saw all 3 solo records there. My order to Best Buy on Dales was canceled and they told me there not getting it. Buzz and Joe's I should get mid march.  I am hoping the ones I get from Best Buy have the posters. I can't understand the 6.99 price. They were 19.99 each in the store.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

mallard

I don't know if it has been discussed on here or not, but I read a great interview with Steve in the Memphis Flyer and he spoke about how Buzz and Dale talked him into doing a solo record.  He said they never did a blue one ( ace ) and left that for him.  Does anyone know if he is the forth one? Great interview with him.

buddy holiday

yes buzz mentioned in an interview that there will be a forth kiss-style melvins solo record. but he did not explicitly state that it's steven.
very cool though!!

POOP GRENADE

Garnz

jules

GiveMe45