Buzz interview @ The vinylguide.com

Started by DCGOD, February 22, 2017, 08:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: POOP GRENADE on February 24, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
If Buzz likes the CD format so much, why did he mess with the tracks on the Maggot?
Don't get me started!! That's another of my pet peeves about Melvins - one of their very best albums fooled about with via breaking up the tracks.

John Schuller

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2017, 11:02:45 AM
If Buzz likes the CD format so much, why did he mess with the tracks on the Maggot?
Don't get me started!! That's another of my pet peeves about Melvins - one of their very best albums fooled about with via breaking up the tracks.

That was designed to fuck with people. It worked!

))))((((

Well no doubt but i also think it fucked with the album itself. It compromised it a little. I say a little because i usually just play it through from start to finish anyway so it doesn't matter. But it does make things awkward when you want to listen to a certain single song.

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2017, 11:08:59 AM
Well no doubt but i also think it fucked with the album itself. It compromised it a little. I say a little because i usually just play it through from start to finish anyway so it doesn't matter. But it does make things awkward when you want to listen to a certain single song.
that's nothing. The Roots numbered all their tracks on their albums in sequence for years. Album one - trks1-17, album two - trks 18 - 35 and so on. so freakin annoying!  :x
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

POOP GRENADE

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2017, 11:02:45 AM

The Maggot is much easier to enjoy on vinyl.  That's why I think Buzz may be contradicting his younger self by now saying he favors CDs.  If it was a ploy back then to sell all of the limited LPs, that worked too! 

some guy

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 22, 2017, 10:26:13 AM
Found and listened to the interview this morning. The usual Buzzo fair. I do like when Buzz criticizes vinyl though, it matches my own thoughts on the matter. In this day and age a completely pointless medium listening wise.

why duz a dog lick it's balls
That's neither here Nora there

Bigval

Quote from: johnnyg on February 24, 2017, 08:48:19 AM
Quote from: Bigval on February 22, 2017, 06:56:20 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 22, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
I agree, I hate listening to podcasts, and I'm not a millennial. Most of the time the site is cluttered with crap and you can't just stream it easily. I just can't be bothered with downloading a podcast. Besides, it's usually some host who likes to hear himself talk, and they always drag out 5 minutes of content to a 20 minute segment. Just give me good artist interviews in print, thanks. 8)

I'm not normally a podcast person either but being a lover of horror movies I recently came across an interview with Gary J. Tunnicliffe who was the makeup artist on most of the Hellraiser movies and the writer/director of the soon to be released new Hellraiser movie and this guy could certainly tell a story.

Rather than a straight interview format if the host allows the guest to talk uninterrupted for say 10-15 minutes at a time it's pretty cool. It probably be helped though that Tunnicliffe has had such an interesting career in the movie industry and had some really nice things to say about Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha from Vikings) and Johnny Depp also. He's turning his attention now to his first love singing fronting a glam rock/metal band and says his range is equal to his idol Rob Halford.

The podcast went for 3:10:00 and although I didn't make it to the end I did listen to 2:55:00 of it though such a fascinating guy so if the subject matter is there and the interviewer understands it's not about them even a 3 hour long interview can be interesting.

can you link to that hellraiser podcast?

Sure, hopefully you listen long enough to hear his experiences with Clive Barker. I was listening on headphones and they were so hilarious I just burst out laughing.

http://60minuteswith.co.uk/interviews/interview-gary-j-tunnicliffe/

Enjoy

GiveMe45

In the intro for the Buzz one the sample of Buzz talking around the 45 second mark is one of the opening lines from the CoD movie