LA Fonda theater Jan 28

Started by thor, January 28, 2017, 11:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Schuller

I don't know, I really think he just did it for rock and roll. If he was actually pissed, I am sure shit would have been broken. The way he walks around the kit kind of pushing things over afterwards leads me to believe this was for show, for humor, for rock and roll. I mean, that is an epic rock move.

DCGOD

If Dale was pissed, it was because Melvins had to play before the severely less talented Sleep.

John Schuller

Quote from: DCGOD on January 31, 2017, 06:12:36 PM
If Dale was pissed, it was because Melvins had to play before the severely less talented Sleep.

Could not agree more. Now I dig Sleep's records, they are fun and heavy. But live......meh.

black stallion

ahah...i guess Melvins played with worst bands than Sleep in their career..so he had to be pissed so many times  :lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

John Schuller

Quote from: black stallion on February 01, 2017, 01:55:55 AM

ahah...i guess Melvins played with worst bands than Sleep in their career..so he had to be pissed so many times  :lol:

Very true!!!

Captain CoryCory

His mannerisms strike me as pissed. The way he slammed his sticks and his microphone along with kicking the drums really stick out. Either was it's a bummer as we all love Dale.

BERZERKER

BERZERKER

That is NOT real aggression, that is just a rock act, a parody on it.

John Schuller

Quote from: BERZERKER on February 02, 2017, 07:41:59 AM

That is what I think too. Someone needs to ask Dale. I will have my buddy text him now.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: sadcorps on February 03, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

That is what I think too. Someone needs to ask Dale. I will have my buddy text him now.

Yeah, thirded. Sleep & Melvins on the same night is the 2017 equivalent of Hendrix closing after The Who at Monterey 50 yrs ago. So my guess is Dale did it as a tribute to Moon. 8)

black stallion

Quote from: sadcorps on February 03, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

Someone needs to ask Dale. I will have my buddy text him now.

8)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards