Crystal Fairy Tour status

Started by GrimReaper, February 04, 2017, 10:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BERZERKER

There were also an issue regarding the use of, or more precisely the non-use of, the toilet brush.

glen

the original  patent.  get your shit together Omar.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

the ether bunny

Omar is the weak link to this band IMO. His work will always remind me of the bro's that I went to high school with that were really into the red hot chilli peppers and john frusciante. I swear I remember an interview with him where he was talking about how he was a recovering cannabis addict and that he was smoking over an ounce a day. I call bullshit. No thanks.
he was a mongoloid.

joelk

Quote from: the ether bunny on February 17, 2017, 02:36:36 PM
Omar is the weak link to this band IMO. His work will always remind me of the bro's that I went to high school with that were really into the red hot chilli peppers and john frusciante. I swear I remember an interview with him where he was talking about how he was a recovering cannabis addict and that he was smoking over an ounce a day. I call bullshit. No thanks.

I think that was the singer--Cedric? I recall that lame interview as well. But I have no horse in this race it seems. Crystal Fairy doesn't really do anything for me. I'm passing on the whole endeavor.

))))((((

Quote from: the ether bunny on February 17, 2017, 02:36:36 PM
Omar is the weak link to this band IMO.
Possibly but remember he's on bass - very little means to scupper anything there. Having listened to De Facto before, i'd say he's a decent bassist too. For me i think it is more Teri's involvement that had the potential to wreck things. Don't get me wrong, i like her singing but some of her solo work (and Bosnian Rainbows) doesn't do much for me personally.

DCGOD

I've listened to the album several times now and will have to say that Teri's singing is versatile and strong. And this is from someone who thinks most (and I said MOST) women can't rock.

Bigval

From the Rolling Stone album stream & interview.

QuoteThe initial five live dates for this month got cancelled. Are there new Crystal Fairy tour dates being booked?

Crover: Working on it. Trying to work on redoing everything. Unfortunately we're all in other bands, so things get a little confusing.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/crystal-fairy-hear-mars-volta-melvins-collabos-debut-lp-w467299

black stallion

this is in my opinion one of the most interesting parts of this interview, explains a lot of things about recent Melvins releases

QuoteOsborne: We did three songs the first day, wrote and recorded, as they are on the record, "Drugs on the Bus," "Necklace of Divorce" and "Bent Teeth." And then Omar put his bass on 'em. It's extraordinary [laughs]. ... Me and Dale are smart guys when it comes to knowing when things are done. You can beat the life out of something. I've seen it, I've done it. A record like [1989's] Ozma sounds flogged. 'Cause all we did was rehearse 'cause we had nothing else to do. I do not want to ruin it with my own insecurities.
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

DCGOD

And the most exciting part being:

"I'm also working on a solo record that I've been planning for a while. It's gonna be on Joyful Noise. I did that crazy [10-inch "12-sided" lathe cut] record with them. That thing is insane for them to make; they had to hand-make every record. Each one took about 45 minutes. Anyway, I knew that a lot of people missed out on the actual music part, which is all these crazy little drum haikus. Kind of like little commercials. When I was recording it, I was thinking about TV theme songs. Anyway, I'm like, "Let's do a full-length record that everybody can buy – I'll include the drum bits, and then I'll write bunch more of those and I'll write some regular songs." I'm almost done with it."

black stallion

Quote from: DCGOD on February 18, 2017, 07:31:03 AM
And the most exciting part being:

"I'm also working on a solo record that I've been planning for a while. It's gonna be on Joyful Noise. I did that crazy [10-inch "12-sided" lathe cut] record with them. That thing is insane for them to make; they had to hand-make every record. Each one took about 45 minutes. Anyway, I knew that a lot of people missed out on the actual music part, which is all these crazy little drum haikus. Kind of like little commercials. When I was recording it, I was thinking about TV theme songs. Anyway, I'm like, "Let's do a full-length record that everybody can buy – I'll include the drum bits, and then I'll write bunch more of those and I'll write some regular songs." I'm almost done with it."

#-o  how i could forget about that. i'm getting old
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

DC

At the Drive In has dates in March. Omar went for the cash grab. Can't blame him.

tinnitus photo

after seeing Le Butcherettes open for ATDI last night, and now finally listening to the Crystal Fairy record, i definitely want to see that band.

BERZERKER

I shall be honest enough to say that if Crystal Fairy tours Europe and I attend a gig, I will come for Melvins and will be very dissapointed if I will only see Crystal Fairy and not a separate set with Melvins as they have done before.

Bigval

Quote from: tinnitus photo on March 26, 2017, 06:35:27 PM
after seeing Le Butcherettes open for ATDI last night, and now finally listening to the Crystal Fairy record, i definitely want to see that band.

That probably explains the mystery as to why the CF shows were cancelled, ATDI were offered shows at the same time which no doubt were more lucrative.