Author Topic: Melvins Solo EP Vinyl Represses up for Pre-order  (Read 3445 times)

Offline POOP GRENADE

• INDEEEEEED
  • special low frequency version
    • View Profile
Re: Melvins Solo EP Vinyl Represses up for Pre-order
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
King Buzzo vinyl just crushes... too bad we have likely heard the last of Dale Nixon..

Offline (PAUL)

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • YEAH
    • View Profile
    • My music
geeks get it done.

Offline Chief Ten Beers

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:20 PM »
Went ahead & pulled the trigger today from Bullmoose. They must have filled all their pre-orders, all three show as available to ship. Might as well have the whole set before it goes OOP again. $16 a piece ain't too bad I guess. I want to play Joe's backwards. :P

update:
 Got 'em today in the mail. All sound & look excellent, sonically improved without brickwalling. I must say I'm listening to "Joe" right now, and it's a real piece of work, no "homework assignment" IMO :) SunnO))) owes their whole career to "Hands First Flower". :lol:

Of note, the Joe EP has side one(Eagle & Bricklebrit) as 45rpm, and side 2(HFF) as 33rpm. Don't think I've ever seen a record where the sides are split up in speed. Also I know it's on the back of the CD cover too, but on Dale's EP, what it the "3-1/2" circled? Is that a reference to Black Flag's "Kira's got the 10-1/2"? :P

I also love the press release for these solo EP reissues: :D

"In 1992 the Melvins’ fascination / adoration / denigration of the mighty KISS rock and roll universe compelled them to excrete out three solo masterworks inspired by the KISS solo LPs. The first in the series is King Buzzo, from the Melvins’ giggling guitar grumpus. Four songs of atmospheric clanging and rockin’ banging. Also features the many talents, drumming and otherwise, of a famous Grunge™ superstar, whose name sort of rhymes with New Wave Asshole. The second in the series is Dale Crover, from the Melvins’ sleepy drum caveman. Four songs of gloomy heaviness, with Dale doin’ the drummin’, singin’, guitarin’, and dancin’. The third in the series is Joe Preston, from the Melvins’ electronic beard warlord. Three songs of fuzz bass computer drone temper tantrum. All three 12-inches reissued on vinyl after 100,000 years out of print."

Offline Hot Pants

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2017, 01:50:32 AM »
Joe and Buzz Eps are up for pre-order on BB's site for 6.99 a piece.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=melvins&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Dale's is there too, but not up for pre-order for whatever reason...
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Online sadcorps

• shit talking thieves
  • Melvins Fan since May 16, 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2017, 11:28:20 AM »

Of note, the Joe EP has side one(Eagle & Bricklebrit) as 45rpm, and side 2(HFF) as 33rpm. Don't think I've ever seen a record where the sides are split up in speed. Also I know it's on the back of the CD cover too, but on Dale's EP, what it the "3-1/2" circled? Is that a reference to Black Flag's "Kira's got the 10-1/2"? :P

It is a reference to autograph of Peter Criss. He always has a 3 circled. But then maybe adding the 1/2 is a combined reference to Kira? hahaha!
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline GrimReaper

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2017, 02:48:05 AM »
Dale:

There's gonna be some reissues of [1992's Kiss-satirizing solo records] coming out too. As well as a surprise fourth one. Remember, there was only three. The solo records, the Kiss parody, we parodied Gene, Peter and Paul – there's one left over! Somebody's gonna do a fourth one. You can probably guess who that person might be.

I don't know!!! :-k

Offline Chief Ten Beers

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
Joe and Buzz Eps are up for pre-order on BB's site for 6.99 a piece.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=melvins&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Dale's is there too, but not up for pre-order for whatever reason...

Boner Records/Midheaven fucked up and pressed way too many if Best Buy is getting their hands on them and selling at half-price 2 weeks after release date. Shit like this is one of the reasons why Hazelmeyer runs AmRep the way he does, and though I might not be totally on board with it as a buyer, it makes total sense from the the artist/band's side.

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Apologize; To lay foundation for further offence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:20 PM »
I cant guess who the fourth Solo EP is.  :-k
She looks like someone that I know, Look away!

Online laptop sorcery

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2017, 10:03:18 PM »
has anyone purchased the solo reissues from midheaven?
"im ol' south!"