THE MELVINS to play on Pink Floyd tribute project 'The Wall [Redux]'?!?!?!

Started by vince furnier, March 03, 2017, 09:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

http://us13.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b56b4eb3666c74440ac80eb92&id=2f4af92cce

"For Immediate Release:

Huge apologies for two messages about this project within 24 hours, but we just got the biggest confirmation of the entire project and couldn't sit on the news:

THE MELVINS to join Pallbearer, ASG, Ruby the Hatchet, Greenleaf and more on Pink Floyd tribute project 'The Wall [Redux]'

Friday March 3, 2017 in the late afternoon, iconic proto-stoner rock legends THE MELVINS confirmed that they would participate in Magnetic Eye Records' The Wall [Redux] Pink Floyd tribute project with less than 50 hours left in the Kickstarter campaign.

The project had already gained serious momentum in the final week of its crowdfunding campaign with the confirmation of several higher-profile artists signing on to bring their distinctive voices to the project.  But the label had no reason to expect an addition of this magnitude at the eleventh hour.

In the past week alone, numerous bands have joined and confirmed their songs, including ASG taking on "Mother," Mars Red Sky tackling "Comfortably Numb," Pallbearer lending its grim vibe to "Run Like Hell," Ruby the Hatchet reinventing "Pigs" (for the "Best of Pink Floyd" companion LP), and Solace performing "In the Flesh."  The increase in bigger artist commitments also prompted Magnetic Eye to add an exclusive "Best of Pink Floyd" companion LP to the project that will feature additional songs from Floyd's catalog. 

Artists confirmed to appear on the project include:

- ASG
- Domkraft
- Ironweed
- Ghastly Sound
- Greenleaf
- Low Flying Hawks (featuring Dale Crover of THE MELVINS)
- Mars Red Sky
- Mos Generator
- Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard
- Pallbearer
- Ruby the Hatchet
- Sergeant Thunderhoof
- The Slim Kings (featuring drummer Liberty DeVitto of Billy Joel, Stevie Nicks, and Rick Wakeman fame)
- Solace
- Summoner
- The Ultra Electric Mega Galactic (featuring Ed Mundell, formerly of The Atomic Bitchwax / Monster Magnet)
- The Melvins
- WhiteNails
- Worshipper
- Yawning Man
- Year of the Cobra
With barely two days left in the pre-order campaign, Magnetic Eye has already achieved its initial goal, which means the project will indeed move forward. 

However, those interested in reserving copies of the first limited vinyl edition have just a few short hours left to head over to the Kickstarter and do so at:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magneticeye/the-wall-2"
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

DCGOD

I wish The Ultra Electric Mega Galactic would hurry up and put out a new album for christ's sake! As for The Wall, that's where Floyd lost me so I could care less about the project.

dead mike

"In the Flesh" I hope.

Who let all this riff-raff into the room?
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Stonergrunge

Call me crazy, but there's a big chance that the band's contribution to the project could end up being something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUA5WqmVGAs
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: dead mike on March 04, 2017, 12:54:28 PM
"In the Flesh" I hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP8qhN37J60

These bands, including Melvins, should just leave the Floyd covers to Primus. I'll listen to Les cover anything Floyd any day. The Frog Brigade's cover of Animals was outstanding.
Now a bunch of stoner-rock bros are gonna cover The Wall? :?. That whole freaking bloated, most over-hyped double album in rock history? No thanks. What's going on now in Melvins land? Probably just doing it for an easy paycheck, which is fine, whatever. I know Melvins have covered early Floyd and done it very well, I'm just a little surprised that they'd be in on this.

Chief Ten Beers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7MErrVG82s

Wow. After 15 yrs of hearing this, I never knew that was Eenor singing lead. Always figured it was Todd Paclabar Huth. That was a great lineup: The Frog Brigade of '00/'01. Basically it was Sausage with a 2nd guitarist + Skerik & a keyboard player. Saw that shit go down back in '01. Highlight of the night was "Moby Dick" - epic drum battle between Jay Lane & Stanton Moore.

crushr24

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

meezer

Kickstarter's about to end. The Melvins ended up being announced right at the end. I'm on the fence about ordering the digipak. The Wall is pretty played out, but I want to see if this promising line-up can do some good things with it.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

GlueyPorchTreatments

Pink Floyd was my all time favorite band before I got into heavier music and it's a shame they chose one of Floyd's worse albums to cover.
Tony Iommi is your friend

meezer

It's obviously about sales/ popularity. Didn't order in time. They screwed the pooch announcing the Melvins so late.  #-o
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: meezer on March 06, 2017, 02:46:12 PM
It's obviously about sales/ popularity. Didn't order in time. They screwed the pooch announcing the Melvins so late.  #-o

By the sounds of it Melvins didn't give the ok until the day they announced Melvins on it.
I got the shits real bad.

Chief Ten Beers

On a related note, I just revisited "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason" today. I inherited the LP from my late uncle a few years ago. The gatefold LP is in mint shape, same condition as it was in '87 when released. Gave it a full listen today. It has that '80s dated sound of course, but Gilmour's playing on it is great, and the themes/songwriting still sort of holds up. Tony Levin really shines on this too, listening now I can hear the '80s Crimson influence. As an album it sure is better than "The Final Cut".

I was originally gonna sell/trade this, cuz I know it's worth at least $15, but I feel connected to it somehow. Had the cassette in junior high back then, along with the VHS of Delicate Sound Of Thunder.

vince furnier

I was listening to the Delicate Sound of Thunder recently and thought the lead breaks and solo on On The Turning away were some of Dave's best ever.  :roll:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Captain CoryCory

Tracklist confirmed with three of the previously confirmed bands not making the cut, though Melvins are opening this bad boy:

1. In the Flesh? – The Melvins
2. The Thin Ice – Low Flying Hawks
3. Another Brick in the Wall (Part I) – Ghastly Sound
4. The Happiest Days of Our Lives – Sergeant Thunderhoof
5. Another Brick in the Wall (Part II) – Sasquatch
6. Mother – ASG

Side Two
7. Goodbye Blue Sky – Mos Generator
8. Empty Spaces – Domkraft
9. Young Lust – Slim Kings
10. One of My Turns – Worshipper
11. Don't Leave Me Now – Ironweed
12. Another Brick in the Wall (Part III) – Greenleaf
13. Goodbye Cruel World – Greenleaf

Side Three
14. Hey You – Summoner
15. Is There Anybody Out There? – Noveller
16. Nobody Home – Mark Lanegan
17. Vera – Ruby The Hatchet
18. Bring the Boys Back Home – Sunflo'er
19. Comfortably Numb – Mars Red Sky

Side Four
20. The Show Must Go On – Open Hand
21. In the Flesh – Solace
22. Run Like Hell – Pallbearer
23. Waiting for the Worms – WhiteNails
24. Stop – Blue Heron
25. The Trial – Church of the Cosmic Skull
26. Outside the Wall – Yawning Man

Bonus
27. When the Tigers Broke Free – Year of the Cobra

>>>JZS<<<

This is gonna be incredible ! 
Also if y'all don't know about that band, Church Of The Cosmic Skull, check em out. Their new album is awesome.