New Double Album: A Walk With Love and Death

Started by blewis, April 06, 2017, 11:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

I think the song sounds more like Zappa than anything else they've done before.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

mhb2862

The Amazon preorder for the vinyl is considerably cheaper than the bandcamp. What gives? Is the Amazon vinyl not colored maybe?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: mhb2862 on May 12, 2017, 09:35:25 AM
The Amazon preorder for the vinyl is considerably cheaper than the bandcamp. What gives? Is the Amazon vinyl not colored maybe?
I'm thinking it's the same album.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

mhb2862

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 12, 2017, 09:49:47 AM
Quote from: mhb2862 on May 12, 2017, 09:35:25 AM
I'm thinking it's the same album.

Well, shit. Having Prime I can save like $15 going through Amazon.

deatheats

BERZERKER

The new track is a grower. I will forever prefer the mean Melvons, but at the same time I also love Melvins for doing just what they feel for, and I look extremly forward to the new album.

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 13, 2017, 03:34:44 PM
I feel the same about the song, so far I'm not impressed and the artwork is quite meh... I was expecting something more like this:

Agreed, the artwork is rather disappointing, it seems almost identical to Basses Loaded.
Literally the same color scheme, and once again a skull on an "almost plain" background.
Napalm Banana split cover on the other hand I think is some of Mackie's finest work and makes me want to buy the record if only to look at it.
Then again the Basses Loaded color scheme was changed the last second before release, maybe it'll be the same for this one. I hope so.

The song is totally the opposite of what I was expecting.
I love them being unpredictable.
Although the vocal melodies in the song are very, very typical Buzz.
Could this be the mellowest song on the album? Hmm...  :-k

POOP GRENADE

The revealed artwork could be just the outer sleeve.  The underlying print on the skull might suggest something like what we saw on a recent bundle offering (with the recycled vinyl collages)?  I am really excited for the entire audiovisual experience. 

Small thing I also find cool is the return to the maggot-bootlicker-crybaby font styling of "melvins".

vince furnier

Quote from: POOP GRENADE on May 13, 2017, 07:39:20 PM
The revealed artwork could be just the outer sleeve.  The underlying print on the skull might suggest something like what we saw on a recent bundle offering (with the recycled vinyl collages)? 

this happened with Crystal Fairy
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

(the) Razor

Yeah just dropped almost $60 aud on an album....but hey it's Ipecac and Melvins.  8)
Don't click this

meezer

"The albums, which include guests Joey Santiago (The Pixies), Teri Gender Bender (Le Butcherettes/Crystal Fairy) and Anna Waronker (That Dog), were co-produced with Toshi Kosai."

Whoa! Joseph Alberto Santiago. That guy rules.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

DToxico

Surprised I haven't seen a bunch of blowback from indie people correcting the article that it's "Not THE Pixies, just Pixies!" kinda like I used to see people argue about over the Melvins prior to their starting the "(the)" thing

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.