New Double Album: A Walk With Love and Death

Started by blewis, April 06, 2017, 11:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godflesh

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 16, 2017, 04:37:36 AM
How comes you are only just NOW listening to the album though? It's been out over a month!!!

I haven't listened to it many times either. I got my CD pre-order just over a week ago, the cassette less than a week ago, and the regular 2LP has not been dispatched yet. I don't want to listen to entire albums from YouTube or wherever in inferior quality, unless I'm very doubtful of some band/album.
--- Heavy user ---

black stallion

Quote from: Godflesh on August 16, 2017, 07:39:17 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on August 16, 2017, 04:37:36 AM
How comes you are only just NOW listening to the album though? It's been out over a month!!!

I got my CD pre-order just over a week ago, the regular 2LP has not been dispatched yet. I don't want to listen to entire albums from YouTube or wherever in inferior quality, unless I'm very doubtful of some band/album.

and you did it right! wonder if that's the same reason there hasn't been too much talking about this new Melvins album between fans. i mean talking about songs\music, not release format
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Stonergrunge

I'm not so sure about this album... maybe I will order it for xmas but, considering the amount of time I've had to wait (up to 2 months... fucking chilean customs office) think I'm gonna buy it around October.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

meezer

This album has the best flow since maybe Freak Puke. I love the sequence of the tracks.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

DToxico

So does anyone have any real indication or inkling of what specific tracks the guest artists appeared on?

(PAUL)

Quote from: DToxico on August 16, 2017, 02:52:41 PM
So does anyone have any real indication or inkling of what specific tracks the guest artists appeared on?

Well Teri is easy to hear. I'm going to guess that massive solo on Euthanasia is Joey Santiago, but again that's just a guess.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

))))((((

Quote from: (PAUL) on August 16, 2017, 07:39:59 PM
I'm going to guess that massive solo on Euthanasia is Joey Santiago, but again that's just a guess.
He played on 'Christ Hammer' at least. Buzz said so in an interview. Probably some other tracks too i guess.

Anna Waronker appears on 'What's Wrong With You?' - which makes sense being that Steve wrote that one.

Godflesh

Finally got the 2LP! I got a replacement copy from Amazon.de last Friday, because the original package never showed up. Well, the original surfaced yesterday... It had a label on it that said "Missent to Canada", dated 3rd of August. How can Canada be mistaken for Finland? Well, the climate is somewhat similar, but it's on the other side of the world. And why was it not sent here earlier, but it took two months more from that?   :disagree:

At least I finally got it!
--- Heavy user ---

BERZERKER

Quote from: jules on November 08, 2017, 12:06:29 PM
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/07/melvins-a-walk-with-love-and-death-review.html

The Love disc is not meant to be taken seriously. My son loves Scooba by the way. Flaming Creature is one of the best tracks Melvins has released.

black stallion

Quote from: BERZERKER on November 09, 2017, 06:59:24 AM
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/07/melvins-a-walk-with-love-and-death-review.html

The Love disc is not meant to be taken seriously

mmh.. i think they take it seriously. Buzz&Dale are huge Throbbing Gristle fans.. this album has that vibe. i can see their point
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

#2 Pencil

Quote from: black stallion on November 09, 2017, 01:44:42 PM
Quote from: BERZERKER on November 09, 2017, 06:59:24 AM

The Love disc is not meant to be taken seriously

mmh.. i think they take it seriously. Buzz&Dale are huge Throbbing Gristle fans.. this album has that vibe. i can see their point

100% agree with you Stallion. It's music, not songs. I never understand people's mentality when they review something, to compare what they want with what they hear. The first time I listened to Heathen Earth by Gristle, I just couldn't get my head around it. My answer to people when they asked me was "I don't know. But I have to go back to it." I'm at the same point here with Love. I have listened a few times, but I still don't hear it. Something will click at some point.
I heard their periods attract bears

#2 Pencil

Also a review should be just that. A review. Not an opinion.
I heard their periods attract bears

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Stonergrunge on August 16, 2017, 11:09:11 AM
I'm not so sure about this album... maybe I will order it for xmas but, considering the amount of time I've had to wait (up to 2 months... fucking chilean customs office) think I'm gonna buy it around October.

And I still haven't bought it... Maybe I will order it as a birthday present along with the Crystal Fairy CD.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.