New Double Album: A Walk With Love and Death

Started by blewis, April 06, 2017, 11:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

The movie is supposedly by the Void Manes guy so follow him on IG. It'll be on there with the cat pics and modular synths someday.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

jules

A Walk with Love and Death has been given the HAZE treatment to accompany the BluRay:

(Haze Facebook/Instagram)

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on May 15, 2018, 05:04:09 AM
A Walk with Love and Death has been given the HAZE treatment to accompany the BluRay:

(Haze Facebook/Instagram)
so does anybody know if this is simply a repress of the LOVE disc from the ipecac set, or is this soundtrack any different?

))))((((

Quote from: buddy holiday on May 19, 2018, 02:05:48 PM
so does anybody know if this is simply a repress of the LOVE disc from the ipecac set, or is this soundtrack any different?
I remember Buzz saying something about the soundtrack and the album being different. But he explained it in such a confusing way that i don't know whether it really is or not, and how exactly in which way it is.

amazonAMAZON

I think the jist (gist?) was that the soundtracked running time of the film will be less than the runtime of the soundtrack album. I'm expecting more of a megamix for the movie. Or maybe there's some abrupt cuts.

Justafilthylurker

It has the same relation to the actual movie soundtrack as a soundtrack album does to that of an actual movie in that you might only hear snippets of tracks and there might well be stuff on the soundtrack that's not on the album. Is my understanding

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 07, 2017, 08:10:16 PM
Quote from: Tobias on July 07, 2017, 06:51:51 PM
Listening to the vinyl version now. The Love (pink vinyl) is actually Death and reverse. Am I missing something? I thought I was listening to Love even on the vinyl it says it's the Love album then Euthanasia came on. Is Love actually Death and Death actually Love?
Yep, other people are reporting this as well (Love=Death and Death=Love).
Are there two versions of this on vinyl? A 'correct' version and a love=death version? (Ignore what Discogs says)

(PAUL)

Well the one I got is the Love soundtrack. I'll give it another listen (not sure I actually listened to side 2) but it's basically what was used for the movie so about 33 minutes of music.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

jules

Quote from: (PAUL) on August 01, 2019, 12:49:13 PM
Well the one I got is the Love soundtrack. I'll give it another listen (not sure I actually listened to side 2) but it's basically what was used for the movie so about 33 minutes of music.
The original Love & Death double LP I have is like this:

Sleeve: LOVE; Labels: LOVE; Vinyl: PINK; Matrix; IPC-195-A and B; Tracks on the LP; the DEATH songs (9 tracks)
Sleeve: DEATH; Labels: DEATH; Vinyl: PURPLE; Matrix: IPC-195-C and D; Tracks on the LP: the LOVE songs (14 tracks)

So the LOVE album has the DEATH songs on it and vice versa. My question is, is there a double-LP version with the correct songs on the correct record? All the ones I've seen (I've seen a few) are like mine. The double CD is different - the DEATH CD is in the DEATH sleeve and has the DEATH songs on it, etc.

(PAUL)

Oh, I see what you mean. The vinyl I have is that limited one that came with the blu ray (that I probably paid too much for), and yes the CD is correct as far as I can tell.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

jules

Quote from: (PAUL) on August 01, 2019, 01:30:40 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. The vinyl I have is that limited one that came with the blu ray (that I probably paid too much for), and yes the CD is correct as far as I can tell.
Yeah, that vinyl you have is proper different!

Nizamark

Was surprised to hear 'Sober-delic (Acid Only)' in Apple+'s 'The Morning Show.'

The show's pretty bad but the music supervisor seems to be having fun. Same ep also has Beastie Boys' 'I Don't Know.'

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards