A Walk With Love and Death

Started by Afterbirthmilkshake, April 24, 2017, 06:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afterbirthmilkshake

Does anyone know if the film was made for the movie or of the music was made for the film or what?

GrimReaper

amazonAMAZON

Everything I've read indicates the soundtrack was done "backwards" meaning the wrote and recorded a soundtrack album from start to finish and then built the movie to match it.

black stallion

Cardboa Negro is such a weird song
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Lesbian_Billy

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on July 31, 2017, 03:11:19 PM
Everything I've read indicates the soundtrack was done "backwards" meaning the wrote and recorded a soundtrack album from start to finish and then built the movie to match it.

i didn't realize that.  pretty cool way to make  a film.  build it around an album.

))))((((

Currently listening to the LOVE disk and actually, despite what i have said previously, really quite enjoying it. It's good background music when and where you don't focus too much upon it. Except 'Scooba', hate that one!

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 01, 2017, 08:43:15 AM
Currently listening to the LOVE disk and actually, despite what i have said previously, really quite enjoying it. It's good background music when and where you don't focus too much upon it. Except 'Scooba', hate that one!

yeah.the whole thing is good.love+death

vince furnier

Scooba is the single best moment on that disc. don't be a square.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on September 02, 2017, 08:34:19 AM
You think!!?? I must clarify that it's not BAD music. It's just not what i think of as "Melvins". Now, many might say that's what makes it cool, but it's not for me, personally. It doesn't really sit well within the rest of the more ambient tracks either which is a big aspect of it for me.

black stallion

Quote from: vince furnier on September 02, 2017, 08:34:19 AM

sounds like you guys have similar opinions :lol:

BERZERKER

My son loves Scooba, Ian! Have had some listens through especially the Death disc and first I was not certain what to think about it, but then it gradually grew and especially Flaming Creature is one of the best single tracks I`ve heard from the band, in a long time.

))))((((

Quote from: BERZERKER on November 07, 2017, 03:23:35 AM
Flaming Creature is one of the best single tracks I`ve heard from the band, in a long time.
Yeah that's the one i like possibly the most too. That, Black Heath and Soberdelic are the best.

GrimReaper

What about the harmonies with Steve, especially on "What's Wrong With You"? Certainly a new sound for the Melvins and they (Melvins and harmonies) sound great.

black stallion

Quote from: GrimReaper on November 14, 2017, 07:03:18 AM
What about the harmonies with Steve, especially on "What's Wrong With You"? Certainly a new sound for the Melvins and they (Melvins and harmonies) sound great.

Beatlesque

lust

I can't get "What's Wrong With You" out of my head.
I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu