Fecal Matter's Music

Started by jules, May 23, 2017, 01:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Fecal Matter's (Dale Crover, Kurt Cobain, Greg Hokanson) music is now available on YouTube and seems to have been bootlegged again on vinyl. Buzz and Mike Dillard joined a while after this session was recorded. See also Brown Towel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t4rmc984cQ

Stonergrunge

Thank you, Jules. I'm going to watch it properly as soon as I get home.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

DToxico

Huh. I used to have a version of this on my computer but it wasn't the whole thing and was in near-unlistenable quality (except of course the one that ended up remastered on the Nirvana best-of), it'll be interesting to hear this properly. And glad to have definitive credits; depending on who I asked or what site I went on, people would argue whether Buzz and/or Dale had any involvement with the band whatsoever, or whether Novoselic had anything to do with it, and this is the first time I've ever seen that Hokanson guy's name come up.

Tobias

On the demo it's just Kurt and Dale. I think Hokanson joined later on for rehearsing and stuff. I don't the band ever played live
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

Stonergrunge

The final part of the tape with the riffs is quite weird and doesn't sound like Kurt at all, maybe that was Buzz.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Dumpster D

I had Actually spotted this up on youtube and gave it a whirl, man, its pretty legit, Thanks again Julesy!

ZILLA

I used to have a bunch of fecal matter songs on an "import" cd, Nirvana derssed for success was the name. Great sound quality.
########################################################################################################