Author Topic: THE TRILOGY REISSUE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN  (Read 3225 times)

Offline vince furnier

• descendant of shirley temple
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
Re: THE TRILOGY REISSUE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2019, 06:39:05 AM »

:ohsnap:

You've asked and we've answered...well, with two-thirds of your demands. Two of the classic "Trilogy" albums are being packaged together in a special 2LP colored vinyl set that we're going to be releasing ‪August 30th.‬ Pre-order “The Maggot & The Bootlicker” here:
https://smarturl.it/MelvinsMaggotBoot?fbclid=IwAR3e0kMlpVO5Lao0lVY8qB3sA4hk2pXxnMUziTyTseTDYAC66GcQ87-q2Is
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline Garnz

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 09:51:29 AM »
ipecac recs also has 25 years anniversary in 2019. so there's a chance.... considering the general vinyl sales increase and ipecac also pressed vinyl of most of the recent melvins albums.
It would be the 25th anniversary of Man's Ruin's first release this year, too. Electroretard on vinyl.

Funny enough, Electroretard has a test pressing but, was never released. To have a full release would be great as well!

I must be dreaming but swear I saw it on LP...but memory fails me now...that was back in my psychedelic Haze. was quite possible it was only the CD...Which I owned and no longer...or do I?

There have been some bootlegs of Electroretard our there which I do not own. From what I hear the sound was horrible.

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2019, 12:56:49 PM »

:ohsnap:

You've asked and we've answered...well, with two-thirds of your demands. Two of the classic "Trilogy" albums are being packaged together in a special 2LP colored vinyl set that we're going to be releasing ‪August 30th.‬ Pre-order “The Maggot & The Bootlicker” here:
https://smarturl.it/MelvinsMaggotBoot?fbclid=IwAR3e0kMlpVO5Lao0lVY8qB3sA4hk2pXxnMUziTyTseTDYAC66GcQ87-q2Is
#-o #-o #-o
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Online Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
It's been 20 years hasn't it.  8-[
"Wrap the rest of this song around That!...fucker"

Offline ))))((((

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 04:42:20 AM »
Don't need The Crybaby included. Maggot & Bootlicker = done!

I like the bolder, beefed-up cover art here too. The composition and layout works much better in this reissue than it did originally on The Bootlicker.

Offline Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

• speaks bocce
    • View Profile
    • this is my website
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
Disc 1 on White vinyl, Disc 2 on Doublemint Vinyl.

Ugh. It is too much to ask for black vinyl? Don't think I can do doublemint vinyl. Any Ipecac's Fantomas vinyl box set was pressed really bad. Why can't Third Man do this reissue?
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

Offline Fureon Nectarmoon

• knows moss
  • RAIN-BOOOOOOW!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2019, 02:27:21 PM »
Wow, a lot of people are dismissive of The Crybaby, I have to disagree with such judgment.
I hope the back cover is the yellow Maggot flowers, I liked that photo a little more.
Still cool news, heh. Hopefully they'll get to H.A.T. soon.

Offline rimb

• shrimp basket
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2019, 05:13:28 PM »
Wow, a lot of people are dismissive of The Crybaby, I have to disagree with such judgment.
I hope the back cover is the yellow Maggot flowers, I liked that photo a little more.
Still cool news, heh. Hopefully they'll get to H.A.T. soon.

Yeah I love The Crybaby, in fact it was actually the first Melvins record I ever bought (odd choice I know!).

Also love my original Trilogy vinyl pressing!  :love:

Online Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2019, 06:28:28 PM »
The pressing sounded fine it Just wore a sound floor real real quick because it was picture VInyl, you could really hear a difference in the mix and mastering on the Vinyl vs. CD.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2019, 11:56:11 PM »
I think Crybaby is great but it and Colossus and POTRE don't strike me as "vinyl" type albums. The proper way to enjoy those is CD.

I'm glad, though, Bootlicker and Maggot are not only buy-on-vinyl albums but also shoot-into-space-on-precious-metal-platters albums
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Online Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
I think Crybaby is great but it and Colossus and POTRE don't strike me as "vinyl" type albums. The proper way to enjoy those is CD.

I'm glad, though, Bootlicker and Maggot are not only buy-on-vinyl albums but also shoot-into-space-on-precious-metal-platters albums

CD is great but that format isn't as long lived as Vinyl....I doubt the CD technology will exist in 100 years...LP will still run fun all day long. but you're right, I think it's a good portable album for taking on walkabouts.