in-store show at Amoeba Records, April 2002

Started by Green Honey, July 26, 2017, 06:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Honey

Does anyone have a copy of this they could put on YouTube? I used to have it on VHS and it's one of the best live videos I've ever seen, but doesn't seem to have appeared on the interwebz... Any clues would be much appreciated!

https://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/detail-593#cat-most_recent_shows/

Rusty Shackleford

I agree, it's a great one.  I got my DVD copy from Beto Brasil in 2005.  The version of Anti-Vermin Seed on that is amazing.  Dale's drumming on that tune, especially toward the end just kills me.  Awesome stuff from the 2002 tour. 

Green Honey

Dale's drumming is especially great on it I remember  :)

z

I would like to see this video as well as its nowhere to be found .. I second the yt suggestion... I could also mail trade a live DVD or 2 for a copy

Rusty Shackleford

Sorry to be a tease.  Surely if it's been out there this long Ziegler or somebody else must have it and will put it up.  I'm not even close to being up on the bootleg world so if my dumbass has it, it's out there. 

homeless_dad

I was there and it was a bit of a rechistening experience. They blew me away and it was the first time I saw them live.

I'd love to see it if it ever resurfaces. Maybe Mike Ziglar has a copy?
Is Ian back yet??

Green Honey

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on July 26, 2017, 08:32:00 AM
I agree, it's a great one.  I got my DVD copy from Beto Brasil in 2005. 

Rusty, do you still have the DVD 📀?  maybe it could find its way to be uploaded to the 'Tubes?
pls

Oscar

homeless_dad

I only remember them playing Anaconda because the rest of the set were new songs. Watching it now all the songs played are classics. This was a fantastic gig. So glad I went. I got my Crybaby CD signed that day., too.

Zig rules!

That Anti-vermin seed. Incredible!
Is Ian back yet??

black stallion

the HAT material played live is just impressive
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on August 25, 2017, 01:54:28 AM
the HAT material played live is just impressive
Easily one of the greatest Melvins records! It's so sad that they never play ANY material from the album live now.

glen

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 25, 2017, 03:14:10 AM
It's so sad that they never play ANY material from the album live now.

no slide bass.   :(
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

))))((((

Quote from: glen on August 25, 2017, 07:02:44 AM
no slide bass.
Im sure whoever is the bassist at the time could reinterpret it though.

glen

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 25, 2017, 10:18:44 AM
Quote from: glen on August 25, 2017, 07:02:44 AM
no slide bass.
Im sure whoever is the bassist at the time could reinterpret it though.

personally I agree. in fact, I think that would be a really good idea.   anybody who plays bass for MELVINS is likely going to be a unique musician.  let them do their thing. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN