Author Topic: Good interview!  (Read 731 times)

Offline (PAUL)

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • YEAH
    • View Profile
    • My music
Re: Good interview!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 03:23:13 PM »
Even better- how about Melvins and OFF recording together! With the Melvins productivity and willingness to collaborate, it's a real possibility.
Sure. I'd like to see that. Although the live shows of such a pairing could be interesting. Buzz not wanting to disrupt the sets "art performance" with chatter, while Keith Morris goes off on 20 minute monologues between songs!
Eh, could work. They did tour with Jello after all.
geeks get it done.
PS:  fuck him.

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
Ah yes, quite true! I wonder who could talk more, Keith or Jello??

Offline deatheats

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 04:20:18 PM »
I would absolutely loooove a Melvins/OFF tour. I wish I had flown out to those Redd Kross/OFF/Melvins shows for new years.

Even better- how about Melvins and OFF recording together! With the Melvins productivity and willingness to collaborate, it's a real possibility.
The new year's eve show at Pappy & Harriet's was amazing!!  Really highlighted Steven's versatility seeing him play in three very distinct sounding bands all in a row.

It didn't hurt that we were lucky enough to share a table with Mario and his wife at dinner beforehand  with the entire McDonald clan at a long table just in front of us.   :shock:

Took the words out of my mouth. The ski masks the Melvins wore the whole show were an awesome idea!

Offline Chief Ten Beers

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »
Melvins as a three-piece with Steve, is a force live and is also a charismatic, intelligent and friendly fella. I believe those three has little or nor friction on tour, just good fun.
It will be interesting to see what happens when Off! decide to tour more. I think they are currently writing a new record. Perhaps Pinkus will take over on bass for a while if they don't do a Melvins and Off! tour.

I would absolutely loooove a Melvins/OFF tour. I wish I had flown out to those Redd Kross/OFF/Melvins shows for new years.

I highly doubt OFF! would do a whole tour w/ Melvins. A few dates somewhere on the west coast, or meet up in the east? - yes. A 20+ date run of shows with all the grind of travelling? - no. Keith has stated recently in his great autobio "My Damage" that he's not into extensive touring, it's too hard with being diabetic. OFF! tours have never been long runs besides. I'm glad we get what we get with Keith. Saw OFF! twice, with both drummers. 8)