Author Topic: Gluey Porch Treatments reissue  (Read 7545 times)

Offline Budspawn

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
Re: Gluey Porch Treatments reissue
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
Would also like a copy :D

Offline Fureon Nectarmoon

• merch vulture
  • RAIN-BOOOOOOW!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2017, 03:15:32 AM »
I don't really like to nitpick, but in this case I feel like I have to point this out...
Haze seems to have absolute zero quality control when it comes to getting the song titles right.

"Eyes Flys"
"Exact Paperback_"
"Heavyness Of The Load"
"As Was It"

That's 4 (FOUR) misspelled song titles on one release. Come on... :(

Offline (PAUL)

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • YEAH
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2017, 01:34:23 PM »
I don't really like to nitpick, but in this case I feel like I have to point this out...
Haze seems to have absolute zero quality control when it comes to getting the song titles right.

"Eyes Flys"
"Exact Paperback_"
"Heavyness Of The Load"
"As Was It"

That's 4 (FOUR) misspelled song titles on one release. Come on... :(

If it makes you feel better I'm pretty sure there were spelling errors on the Ipecac remaster back in the day.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Offline (the) flutter nuts

• watches fox red eye
  • We're in the middle of a shitstorm here Randy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2017, 04:42:09 AM »
Got my set yesterday. #35 , now i just need #35 of the Glow in the Dark.  :lol:
I got the shits real bad.

Offline DeeSonyaChin

• gardening gloves
  • Never is an ugly word
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2017, 05:26:13 PM »
Baby Blue is beautiful.

Offline Pringles

• merch vulture
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2017, 06:52:46 PM »
the album sound is based off that huge booming reverb sound that makes the drums sound a lot more pushed back into the mix and really brings out the effect that the vocals and guitar are Loud. The album sounds like it was recorded in a huge empty space with high ceiling and concrete floor rather than a little studio space and they mixed the close mics with the room mics so well you can hear it in the drum fade out where someone pushes back the Close mics on the drums and pumps up the room mic(s)

Listen carefully to when someone (Probly Buzz) says *Steve Neuman* between that track how much reverb is on the vocals!

I lived in this album for months on end, and comparing it to everything else it stands out because of that reverb quality unlike Ozma which has a very different, Gated and compressed and processed sound to it that's a lot more typical of the recording techniques used in most 80's sounding Metal or Rock, Less reverb on the drums this time around, more compression and the Cymbals are much closer and brighter sounding, but the Kick drum and the sub also has the same effect which makes it a little more tinny than thumpy. I remember reading an interview with Buzz talking bout how this was the first time he learned a thing or two about how to properly mic a guitar amp from the guy who recorded this album.

Who did the original GPT Session was it the boner guys? Not the same guy in charge of 10 songs, I don't think, whoever did 10 Songs CD I have it's got a CZ label and I don't know what else is on that Label.  :-k

as for the *needle* drops of the 99 Re-issue of 26 songs or whatever, that proves if anything how well a vinyl pressing will stand up to the test of time over a digitally rendered session which is probably long gone due to what Steve Albini was talking about where software licensing has expired and you can no longer access or revise those sessions. Another thing to consider is that those original tapes are buried in a basement or landfill by now with something else re-recorded over them and all that's left are original pressings or test pressings etc by the time it was necessary to go back and re-release something....HELL...most bands don't even make it that far!!! think about it...I doubt these guys could foresee a future doing this way back then, and that's also why they Just said fuck it, let's go for it and see where it leads, those burgers and potholes aren't going anywhere if all else fails.

This is hand down the best review that was ever written about Gluey Porch Treatment.

The album sounds like it was recorded in a huge empty space with high ceiling and concrete floor rather than a little studio space

Everytime I listen to GPT, I imagine an empty and dark gigantic room made of concrete, like a high-school gym.

You should do the same for every and each album in the Album discussion part of the forum.

Luck is a residue of design

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • E M B R A C E _ T H E _ R U B
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
He's on a break from this place, Pringles. I'll pass that along to him when I talk to him.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/pallas-both-the-price-and-reward-for-incarnation-meezerpocalypse-remix

Offline GlueyPorchTreatments

• former bassist
  • Lysol to get me highhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »
Can anyone who owns it comment on the sound? Is it from the master tapes of the original pressing or is it from the '99 digital remaster?
Tony Iommi is your friend

Offline (the) flutter nuts

• watches fox red eye
  • We're in the middle of a shitstorm here Randy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »
The 4th variant, edition on 120. 60 glow in the dark Haze sleeve and 60 with a Mackie sleeve.

I NEED a GITD

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581076262189722/permalink/1799544170342929/
I got the shits real bad.

Offline deatheats

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
Can anyone who owns it comment on the sound? Is it from the master tapes of the original pressing or is it from the '99 digital remaster?

I've been meaning to compare this release to the original for a while, but keep forgetting.
I'll try and remember this weekend   :toke:

Offline DeeSonyaChin

• gardening gloves
  • Never is an ugly word
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2018, 08:00:12 PM »
The 4th variant, edition on 120. 60 glow in the dark Haze sleeve and 60 with a Mackie sleeve.

I NEED a GITD

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581076262189722/permalink/1799544170342929/

When does this come out??

Offline GrimReaper

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2018, 12:25:33 AM »

Offline Mount Ambulance

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2018, 12:49:15 AM »
just WOW!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

Sunday afternoon’s alright for fighting as well.

Offline ))))((((

• descendant of shirley temple
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2018, 12:54:08 AM »
Im looking at the graphic design on the sleeve there and trying to figure out how, and indeed if, it relates in any shape or form to the original two kids cover. At this time i don't see it myself. Nor do i like it either.

Offline GrimReaper

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2018, 05:23:34 AM »

Lisa Pemrick is making 10 GPT with her original oil paintings. Her artwork in Grumpy's.