Gluey Porch Treatments reissue

Started by jules, October 06, 2017, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveMe45

Got email that my album has been shipped.  Thanks Tom!

OZMAtt

I was so excited and was waiting for it to be released... but I was paying attention to the Melvins Facebook page and not the AmRep page and I didn't realize it had been released until 2 days after it went up.

I shouldn't say anything because it hasn't shipped yet but I just purchased one from eBay (pink version). I would've preferred the silver but you take what you can get.

GiveMe45

Got an email notification that it's sitting on my front porch.  Won't be able to get to it for another few hours.  I know heat isn't good for vinyl but how about cold?

John Schuller

Quote from: GiveMe45 on December 08, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Got an email notification that it's sitting on my front porch.  Won't be able to get to it for another few hours.  I know heat isn't good for vinyl but how about cold?

It will be fine, just put it in the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes before playing.

Wait...don't do that.

GiveMe45

Quote from: sadcorps on December 08, 2017, 07:42:36 PM

It will be fine, just put it in the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes before playing.

Wait...don't do that.
I just ended up microwaving it for 45 seconds and took it outside and played frisbee with the dog.  It plays perfect now!

John Schuller

Quote from: GiveMe45 on December 08, 2017, 09:07:27 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on December 08, 2017, 07:42:36 PM

Wait...don't do that.
I just ended up microwaving it for 45 seconds and took it outside and played frisbee with the dog.  It plays perfect now!

I bet it sounds like my old 1987 copy (that I was too stupid to take care of as a kid) now! Enjoy!

dirtmerchant

Did everyone who has received their gluey reissues get a shipping notification with a tracking number? I've always gotten one when my order ships from amrep. Just wondering if they just didn't send em out Bc of so many orders on this release. I still haven't received a shipping notification as of today.

meezer

Yes. I always receive a tracking number from AmRep. Maybe check your junk mail and spam filters and email them if you didn't get one. I received my record yesterday.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

DeeSonyaChin

Any chance this could pop up again online?  You think they just pressed 375 total?  I overslept the day of the sale (yeah I know too fuckin bad)...  :o

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on December 12, 2017, 10:07:23 PM
Any chance this could pop up again online?  You think they just pressed 375 total?  I overslept the day of the sale (yeah I know too fuckin bad)...  :o
They pressed 500 total, there's a forth variant.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

GrimReaper

Maybe the glow in the dark is for this event or a yet to be announced holiday show.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: GrimReaper on December 12, 2017, 11:45:07 PM

Maybe the glow in the dark is for this event 
It is. 
You should go to it Grim!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Garnz