Author Topic: Pinkus Abortion Roll-Call  (Read 10871 times)

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
Re: Pinkus Abortion Roll-Call
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2018, 07:35:35 AM »
I've seen MELVINS probably 20 + times now.  I've heard Night Goat about 5.   

plus.. it's like Slayer not playing "Reign In Blood" or Cannibal Corpse not playing "Hammer Smashed Face" or Napalm Death not playing "You Suffer But Why?"

without it something is missing. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
 (signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Offline GiveMe45

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2018, 08:35:17 AM »
It’s a valid point is it not?  How can you complain about something you’ve never experienced?  In the at least 15-20 times I’ve seen Night Goat played live I never once thought to myself, “Oh man, not that one again”.  Also, to be fair, before the recent video with Kevin I don’t think it was in any set I’ve seen since 2015.  I was actually starting to miss it....

Oh and Glen, it’s Raining Blood 😉

Offline ))))((((

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2018, 08:44:57 AM »
It’s a valid point is it not?
Yes and no.

Offline deatheats

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2018, 09:01:02 AM »
And how many times have you had to suffer through it live?

:lol:

Reminded me of René Magritte

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2018, 09:03:21 AM »

Oh and Glen, it’s Raining Blood 😉

you mean they don't play the entire album at every show.   maaaann....   fuck slayer! 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Offline ))))((((

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2018, 09:35:35 AM »
Reminded me of René Magritte
So for arguments sake, lets say you watch a movie. Can you not mention anything about it - what you liked, what you disliked because you weren't there to experience it? That you are not allowed to have ANY kind of dialogue about it because you weren't present?

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • E M B R A C E __T H E __R U B
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2018, 09:45:56 AM »
I've had enough Night Goat for now. Play your other songs before we all die or become too senile to remember them.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/pallas-both-the-price-and-reward-for-incarnation-meezerpocalypse-remix

Offline Helen83

• godfather of grunge
  • Monchhichi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »
Anyone remember the 2nd night of the Residency shows in Brixton when the gigantic black security dudes started swarming the crowd like sharks and flying in and beating the daylights out of all the honkies?
If I remember rightly it all started due to some poor skinny 5 foot honky who was about 16yrs old getting hoisted (against his will) up for a little minor crowd surf.....he was the first to get devoured by the sharks. From there it turned into a frenzy of violence and fish scales flying all over the place.

Gotta love Brixton.

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »
I bet if they said they were playing Honey Bucket nobody would get up in arms.   

Offline Helen83

• godfather of grunge
  • Monchhichi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »
Anyone up in arms about the threat of Melvins playing Nightgoat live needs to punch themselves in the face and then piledrive themselves Paul "Mr Wonderful" Orndorff stylee.....you know where he jumps instead of falls down.

Offline deatheats

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »
So for arguments sake, lets say you watch a movie. Can you not mention anything about it - what you liked, what you disliked because you weren't there to experience it? That you are not allowed to have ANY kind of dialogue about it because you weren't present?

Movies are created with the intention that the viewing audience was not there to see how the actual movie was made (to keep a level of illusion in place). 

Watching a youtube video of a live performance is not the same as seeing a live performance.
By definition a pre-recorded video is not a live performance.  Even a live stream of a concert is not the same as a live performance.

You can comment all you like on a video you saw of a live performance, but it is not the same as being there.  It doesn't sound the same, it doesn't look the same, it doesn't smell the same and it certainly doesn't feel the same. 

Why bother watching a washed out knock off copy of an original, when you can see the real thing?  But then again I don't watch videos of performances very often for those exact reasons.

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2018, 11:41:25 AM »
Anyone up in arms about the threat of Melvins playing Nightgoat live needs to punch themselves in the face and then piledrive themselves Paul "Mr Wonderful" Orndorff stylee.....you know where he jumps instead of falls down.

Paul Orndorff name drop.   SOLID. 

Offline Helen83

• godfather of grunge
  • Monchhichi
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2018, 12:18:55 PM »

Paul Orndorff name drop.   SOLID.

I name drop Paul anytime I get the chance. He was ALWAYS my favourite wrestler of all-time. Even when he was a goodie he was a baddie. Plus he piledrived Hogan after pretending to be all palsy with him.....AND.....he beat Hogan in the blue cage on Saturday Night's Main Event that time and then was robbed of the title cause he wasn't a big ol yellow haired goofy goodie.

When Orndorff was kicking ass in the 80s wrestling was cool....when his bicep deflated in the 90s wrestling was LAAAAAAME.....and when Orndorff retired it got even more LAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!

So next time anyone says how their favourite wrestler is someone other than Orndorff, The Hammer, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard or Rick Rude.....they need to punch themselves in the face and then give themselves a brain buster from the top rope!!!!!

Offline GiveMe45

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2018, 12:20:57 PM »

Movies are created with the intention that the viewing audience was not there to see how the actual movie was made (to keep a level of illusion in place). 

Watching a youtube video of a live performance is not the same as seeing a live performance.
By definition a pre-recorded video is not a live performance.  Even a live stream of a concert is not the same as a live performance.

You can comment all you like on a video you saw of a live performance, but it is not the same as being there.  It doesn't sound the same, it doesn't look the same, it doesn't smell the same and it certainly doesn't feel the same. 

Why bother watching a washed out knock off copy of an original, when you can see the real thing?  But then again I don't watch videos of performances very often for those exact reasons.
Yes, kind of an apples to oranges comparison and you pretty much replied the same as I was going to.  I was also going to use another comparison for context.  I almost never watch movies.  Don’t know why, just don’t have the desire (and I’m not good at sitting still for long periods of time).  Yet I constantly find myself saying things like, “Oh great, another stupid (insert famous actor) movie” when in reality I’ve likely never seen one of their movies.  I try to remind myself I have no room to criticize that which I have no experience with.

Offline Mount Ambulance

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2018, 01:05:27 PM »
But they do play Night Goat a whole fuck of a lot! I've seen Melvins somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 times and yeah, I've seen/heard/experienced a shit tonne of the Night Goat. Don't get me wrong I don't mind at all ... that being said if they don't whip it out I'm certainly not gonna cry. Even if it got back shelved for a few years I wouldn't need a tissue. But it's like their "Stairway" or maybe "Kashmir" of course it's gonna be ground into the turf a bit deeper than say Lizzy or something.

On a more general view ... I have found setlists of the last 5-10 years getting kinda static ... with a lot of certain classics becoming almost expected staples and even left turn deep cuts being pretty predictable and coming from a shallower reservoir of options.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

Sunday afternoon’s alright for fighting as well.