Pinkus Abortion Roll-Call

Started by Captain CoryCory, February 12, 2018, 10:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 13, 2018, 06:19:04 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on February 13, 2018, 11:51:47 AM
Nice ... Toronto show added May 16th! Sorry Chief. Happening at The VU ... never been there before I don't think ... looks pretty gaudy ... too bad it ain't at Lee's. Oh well it's still in TO. so I'll be there. Hopefully I'll still pull into Motown too come August.

YES FOR TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES FOR FLUTTER NUTS!!!!!!!!!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

glen

I don't even have to say I'll be in Detroit.   because y'all know I'll be in Detroit.

for those of you considering coming to Motown for a visit.   firstly, please do.    I'll be cordial as a motherfucker.    secondly, please be aware that El Club is about smack dab in the middle of nowhere shitsville neighborhoody Detroit.   it's not within walking distance of any hotel or other drinking establishment that you might want to visit.  it's also not within walking distance of "downtown".   so be prepared to taxi and/or uber to a hotel and/or dinner and/or other bars.     Mexican Town isn't terrible.  but go ahead and Google Earth that shit.   4114 Vernor Highway Detroit.    just so you know what to expect.      now that you know allow me to once again compliment El Club's interior, El Club's sound.  El Club's pizza.  El Club's outdoor patio area with full bar that will be outstanding on an August evening. and El Club's general pleasantness when it isn't so overcrowded you have some dude's stinky sweaty hair about 1.5" off your face. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Mount Ambulance

Can't recall from whose mouth they came but I remember similar "heads ups" 'bout Smalls' Hamtramck neighbourhood's sketchiness ... granted I was only there numerous brief periods for shows; but yeah, never seemed all that sketchy ... the ice cream parlour just up the street was positively quaint and welcoming in a just outta the inner city kinda way, and the scoops were damn good! And that pad whose backyard boardered Smalls parking lot? They had some adorably cute and friendly rottweilers and pits.

Hoping to see you at the El Club Glen

glen

I'm not saying it isn't safe.  it's a busy stretch of road on a Friday night. it's just removed from the downtown area a bit. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Mount Ambulance

What was the venue in Motown Melvins played a few at where there was that fully neon lit "Party Store" across the street?

glen

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on February 14, 2018, 12:42:22 PM
What was the venue in Motown Melvins played a few at where there was that fully neon lit "Party Store" across the street?

Smalls

that's in a prevalently Iraqi neighborhood.     I've never had a problem there ever but once again its  more than a walk to downtown.

about the only truly "downtown" club is St. Andrews/The Shelter.     everything else is down the road in the cheaper rent districts. 

Mount Ambulance

That "Party Store" was tits! I saw Eminem in there one night; at first I thought it might be Kid Rock but the hair was too blonde and too short. I remember drinking at a bar near by too? Didn't seem Iraqi ... more Polish/Eastern Euro? Smalls' is cool, unassuming, and down to earth and Sgt. Peps at Majestic did some good 'za for some post show bites ... but I still dig St. Andy's the best.

Jozzy

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on February 14, 2018, 01:09:10 PM
That "Party Store" was tits! I saw Eminem in there one night; at first I thought it might be Kid Rock but the hair was too blonde and too short. I remember drinking at a bar near by too? Didn't seem Iraqi ... more Polish/Eastern Euro? Smalls' is cool, unassuming, and down to earth and Sgt. Peps at Majestic did some good 'za for some post show bites ... but I still dig St. Andy's the best.

Polish. Smoking laws do not apply in that bar either  :lol: Like glen said, it's mainly a Middle Eastern and Polish area

glen

allow me to throw this little thought at you:

PINKUS AND STEVEN on NIGHT GOAT

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

prepare your bowels. 

(the) flutter nuts

April 26 San Diego, CA Casbah GrimReaper
April 29 Dallas, TX Tree's
April 30 Austin, TX Mohawk   Topaz
May 1 Houston, TX White Oak Music Hall
May 3 Baton Rouge, LA Spanish Moon
May 4 Birmingham, AL Zydeco
May 6 Charlottee, NC Visulite Theater
May 7 Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle
May 9 Baltimore, MD Ottobar - Johnny G
May 10 Philadelphia, PA Underground Arts - Johnny G
May 11 Brooklyn, NY Warsaw - danimal
May 12 Hamden, CT Space Ballroom
May 13 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club Pound4abrown
May 14 Montreal, QC Corona Theatre -
May 16 Toronto, ON Velvet Underground Flutter Nuts
May 18 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
May 19 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theater
May 20 Louisville, KY Headliner's Music Hall Captain CoryCory
May 22 Nashville, TN 3rd & Lindsley
May 23 Memphis, TN Hi-Tone
May 24 St. Louis, MO The Ready Room
May 25 Kansas City, MO Record Bar
May 31 Phoenix, AZ Crescent Ballroom
July 12 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
July 13 Los Angeles, CA Troubadour
July 14 Fresno, CA Strummer's - lust
July 16 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
July 17 Sacramento, CA Holy Diver
July 19 Seattle, WA Neumo's GrimReaper
July 20 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom
July 21 Vancouver, BC Venue Nightclub
July 24 Edmonton, AB Union Hall
July 25 Calgary, AB Marquee Room
July 27 Winnipeg, MB Pyramid Cabaret
July 28 Fargo, ND The Aquarium (Dempsey's Upstairs)
July 29 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue
July 30 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon - PAUL
July 31 Chicago, IL Park West
August 2 Grand Rapids, MI The Pyramid Scheme jozzy, bigfil38, beerdestroyer
August 3 Detroit, MI El Club - Flutter Nuts A E U S T I N  GLEN
August 4 Columbus, OH A&R Music Bar 10centbeernight
August 5 Indianapolis, IN The Vogue Theatre fortysixand2
August 6 Rock Island, IL Rock Island Brewing Company
August 7 Des Moines, IA Wooly's
August 8 Omaha, NE The Waiting Room
August 10 Englewood, CO Gothic Theatre
August 11 Ft. Collins, CO Aggie Theatre
August 13 Salt Lake City, UT Urban Lounge
August 14 Las Vegas, NV The Bunkhouse Salon
I got the shits real bad.

GiveMe45

Quote from: glen on February 14, 2018, 02:29:32 PM
allow me to throw this little thought at you:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

prepare your bowels.
First thought that popped in my head when this was announced.

))))((((

Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 14, 2018, 10:38:53 PM
Personally i hope not! Night Goat is one Melvins song that has been played live far too much. The same goes for The Bit, Boris and more lately It's Shoved. It doesn't seem to matter how much new material they have, Night Goat and The Bit always appear on the setlist tour after tour!

GiveMe45

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 15, 2018, 03:15:31 AM
Personally i hope not! Night Goat is one Melvins song that has been played live far too much.
And how many times have you had to suffer through it live?

))))((((

Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 15, 2018, 07:58:51 AM
Personally i hope not! Night Goat is one Melvins song that has been played live far too much.
I suspected someone would pipe up with that reply. I never said i hated it, it's a great song unfortunately quite simply played too often by the band. I have no problem with bands performing older songs and even playing them continually gig after gig for years if they only have 3 albums to their name or something. The problem for me with Melvins is they are a band with a gazillion releases. They could play any number of surprising tracks and shake things up for both themselves and the fans but they rarely do. I imagine Buzz chatting to Dale prior to another tour and planning the set and saying "right, okay, older songs.... hmm we'll put Night Goat in there!". Has he forgotten they wrote OTHER great songs in the 90's?

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 15, 2018, 08:11:37 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 15, 2018, 07:58:51 AM
I suspected someone would pipe up with that reply. I never said i hated it, it's a great song unfortunately quite simply played too often by the band. I have no problem with bands performing older songs and even playing them continually gig after gig for years if they only have 3 albums to their name of something. The problem for me with Melvins is they are a band with a gazillion releases. They could play any number of surprising tracks and shake things up for both themselves and the fans but they rarely do. I imagine Buzz chatting to Dale prior to another tour and planning the set and saying "right, okay, older songs.... hmm we'll put Night Goat in there!". Has he forgotten they wrote OTHER great songs in the 90's?

I'd make the argument that it's the closest the band had to a hit (the same could be said for Hooch, Revolve, The Bit, Honey Bucket, etc...) but they're not exactly a hit band. But on the flipside they're not Primus or Ween and have 60+ songs memorized either. The band pumping out albums year after year does do no favors for a good amount of songs so I agree a lot of killer tunes get left on the wayside.

As far as Night Goat I'm sure they know the fans love that tune to bits, diehard or casual.