Pinkus Abortion Roll-Call

Started by Captain CoryCory, February 12, 2018, 10:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: Uncle Danny on August 03, 2018, 09:09:25 PM
I hear the Stroh's Beer is good in Detroit.  Just something I heard once.

If you like drinking watered down horse piss they are pretty crisp and refreshing....I bought a six pack of those before the show at the corner store.

I didn't know they could legally call that stuff beer, I could have drank a whole case of those and still walked a straight line while singing the alphabet backwards.

Have you ever tried Canadian beer before? it's actual beer.  :o

glen

Quote from: Dumpster D on August 04, 2018, 10:07:14 PM

Glen, a lot taller in person, the Handsome devil he is, what a catch yowza!!!  :love:

I've heard words like "sophisticated" and "gentlemanly".    I've also heard words like "bullshit". 

wtf.. I guess I've still got it.   

some girl walked by me out in the courtyard, stopped and grinded up against me and said "oh Baby!".   :lol: :lol:
goddamnit!!  how come that shit never happened when I was single?!!?   don't tell my wife I said that. 

PS:  I saw aeustin chatting it up with a couple friends and pinkus outside. 

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

deatheats

Quote from: Dumpster D on August 05, 2018, 04:26:57 AM
I have spun the John Spencer 12" tour edition on my Turn table with a pair of cans. Every cut is slutty. What an incredible pressing. it's Just so damn rad, can't say enough positive and good things about it. It makes me want to move.

I'm really feelin' it. Call me a romantic fool but I've instantly fallen in love with this record at first sight and didn't wind up to regret it.

Got an eyeball of the blues singer load out a trash can with the band crew...couldn't help noticing a dirty old vintage Ludwig snare with completely blown out resonator skin and knew right away this was going to be something extra special. I saw em' heave a Box of hot wax down off onto the sidewalk, straight from the pressing plant right to your punk ass ear holes wheel and deal.

soon as I saw the plain white matte stock cover with a sexy chick wearing a cape and superhero mask groovin' a rainbow turntable it had to be mine.  If you get a chance to catch them play do not- Repeat- DO NOT pass it up. This album is NOT a wall hanger, nor is it something I would ever trade or flip... it's a total player. When I pass this record onto my kids it's going to be so worn out and the sound floor is going to be crackling like a campfire. You could blast this thing out back to back all day and night.

It's going to be transferred to Reel to reel, cassette and especially 8-track cartridge.

You will truly regret not picking up a copy as they are limited items.  I rate this as an EXCEPTIONAL album, it's fantastic it's Pure hype. The lyrics are right on, I mean RIGHT ON...every single tune on there is sassy as fuck. I'm so feelin' this, it's the shit!!! Simply put, you could not make a record this good without decades of hard work and determination, it's a perfect storm of kiss my ass bitch.  8)

Straight up, I love this record, it's an incredible performance. Chalk scores of True blues grooves dudes and stripped down chopped up Vamping soul on this thing, I'm sure they are all proud of it, they should be very happy with it. I know I am. Sounds like A lot of hard work went into recording this, no fucking around.   

Briefly Examining the Vinyl itself before dropping it down on the platter it's so fuzzed out you can literally see how trashy it's going to sound Just by the quality of the grooves, it's shredded.

It's like a hot mess picked me up at the bar, takes me home to get sweaty, begs me to put it in, and doesn't want it slow and easy so you bring it on home like there's no tomorrow baby. ( the B side still wants you from behind with a bad hangover the next day, even though you know you're only still last in line)

Why you lookin' at me like that, what's wrong!!! WHATS WRONG!!!  8)

Drop that shit like some bad backdoor love, this one really puts out all the way.

The drop from the first to last note Just screamed "AGAIN AGAIN!!!" It's so mad Fuzzed out...It's so analog, I don't know how they got those tones but they sound like they use busted old tone blender, or Circuit bent pedals, bit crushingly grimy. Can't name that sound, swear it comes from cheap guitar pickups from the late 50's or mid 1960's with early modified Fuzz pedals of some kind. Everything in the mix is seated perfectly, the pressing is superb.

Solid Gold hits for real.

Dude, you should send this to Jon Spencer, I doubt any other review could live up to this awesomeness, he should be plastering this all over the web :lol:

Dumpster D

Nah,

He already knows how slick this shit is.  :wink:

They owned at the show man, for real.

You Just gotta hear the LP.

Garnz

I have spun the John Spencer 12" tour edition on my Turn table with a pair of cans.

Did the 12" come out now? If yes, could you please be so kind to provide the pic of the cover: Thanks!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Garnz on August 06, 2018, 12:53:23 PM

I have spun the John Spencer 12" tour edition on my Turn table with a pair of cans.

Did the 12" come out now? If yes, could you please be so kind to provide the pic of the cover: Thanks!
So far I've seen two different covers, one with black ink (the current tour version) and one with .. orange ink? I'm not sure about that one.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Dumpster D

On a side note, The only thing I bought from Walsby was the City Trends LP.

I didn't know what I wanted as usual Brian recommended this to me, said it was really good...Saving it special to listen to.

He's got Drum credits in the liner sleeve.

NO doubt it's going to blow me away.

Prove you bought this and tell me what the inner etching on the A and B sides read.  :P

deatheats

Quote from: Dumpster D on August 06, 2018, 12:47:33 PM
Nah,

He already knows how slick this shit is.  :wink:

They owned at the show man, for real.

You Just gotta hear the LP.

After your review, I don't think there is any chance I'd do otherwise!!

Garnz

Quote from: Dumpster D on August 06, 2018, 01:37:28 PM
On a side note, The only thing I bought from Walsby was the City Trends LP.

I didn't know what I wanted as usual Brian recommended this to me, said it was really good...Saving it special to listen to.

He's got Drum credits in the liner sleeve.

NO doubt it's going to blow me away.

Prove you bought this and tell me what the inner etching on the A and B sides read.  :P

Thanks!

Dumpster D

There is also a Jon Spencer Hits Patch for your Jacket!!! Why I only bought *one* was a stupid stupid move.  #-o

It's cool, I already put it on this black leather 1980's Cafe Racer Jacket from a thrift store, it looks like Black Sabbath Master of Reality cover kinda, I want to know where that Font style was inspired from...it's like something borrowed out of a hippies sketch book.

There's a shop in town that sells a few artsy hip things, one of the button pins I bought when I got home was a Frank Kozik pin...it was Yellow with a banana smoking a cigarette. It's next to the patch to remind me of the time I met this sexy stud named Glen at the Detroit show. It really ties the whole thing together.  :P

I'll try and get a photo tomorrow, I Just wrote a review of the show in the Melvins show Review section so I'm too tired.

My tinnitus is really bad tonight and there's a raging thunder storm going on right now outside.

glen

if y'all are trying to swoon me to line something up for the next meeting (of the warped minds) I just want you to know it's working.   

conanneutron

I thought the setlist for this tour was absolutely incredible. That's saying a lot since I loved last year's as well.
Totally taking the best advantage of the extra low end.

Great shows. Hung out with our dudes for two of them and considered a third.
Steve working the upper register while Pinkus grinds in the lower had a neat almost Bear Claw vibe now and again.
Don't Forget to Breathe is definitely one of my favorite recent era Melvins songs.

Jon Spencer and the HITmakers (that's the name of the band) were an awesome surprise as well.
I was never a huge Pussy Galore fan, but hearing a couple of those tunes with Bob Bert (!) on drums was an excellent treat. The fella on keyboard is Sam Coomes of Quasi and M. Sord the other drummer was a badass as well.

I wish I would have bought the vinyl, but the beer at the Chicago venue was insanely expensive. A sad story, really.
rocker, talker, etc.

Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends
Neutron/Ash/Crover (yes... THAT Crover.)

amazonAMAZON

Holy shit Sam Coomes and Jon Spencer.

Dumpster D

Walsby Crushes on the City Trends LP, It's a 45 RPM 12"

DON'T SKIMP OUT YOU CHEAPSKATES!  PICK ONE UP!!! ASK FOR IT BY NAME!!!

DAVIDIANS! CITY TRENDS!!!

These guys know. This shit is punk as fuck. Sounds like they had a blast working on these tunes.

As for the message behind the music, I'm not certain,I really don't know what's what... but I think maybe...It's almost like a "fuck you" to trendy wannabe bullshit, I want to say I *get it* but I'm so out of touch with what I'm hearing on this, It's music for music lovers. I'll never be able to keep up, I'm really happy I picked this up, feels like I own a part of something real, and legit.

Walsby, wayyy too modest. Don't let him fool ya..he's a Champion Drummer, I don't think I could ever hold a pair of sticks next to him, he owns the bragging rights over a lot of dead beat drummers, His drums are really showcased in the mix, totally dry and heavy the way good drums should sound.  8)

I can't really review this thing yet. I'm still enjoying it.  It's so complex and intricate. 

It's Ace.

It's a lot more oldschool than I was initially expecting despite holding my Judgement in reserve, and Just keeping this one as something you need to discover for yourselves. honestly It's real Good shit.

The guitar reminds me of Cool and melodic Jesus Lizard meets like I wanna say, almost a Germs-Black flag sounding refrain.  Can't say you'll have your fill of this by the time Side B is over and Done.

full on assault like oldschool Melvins bombastic sounding with a lot of really heavy vocals.

..I'm going to spin it right now in fact..that's a pretty good idea. *Yeah, this has a pinch of west-coast sounding influence I'd swear*

Later haters.

I don't know how Brian can slay a kit like that..Beastly friggin' drumming dude.  8) 8) 8)

He's got those intricate Choppy little hi-hat Crover-esque moves down pat and owns that shit like no ones Big-business with some down pat oldschool hardcore style going on. 

Check it out.

His older band Shiny Beast is tight as hell too, I'd been asking him about hearing some of his stuff, he said I'd have to find that shit on Ebay...someone Youtubbed it.

I was so damn impressed It was like discovering an old Melvins Album for the first time or something, it felt so familiar yet fresh and unique...I really enjoyed it. 

(Pretty sure Shiny Beast is a Captain beefheart Reference)