Author Topic: Pinkus Abortion Technician  (Read 23541 times)

Offline Bigval

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
Re: Pinkus Abortion Technician
« Reply #450 on: December 04, 2018, 06:15:05 AM »
I hope you said grace before your dinner Bigval.

I'm sure the joke has gone right over my head but I was going to say make tea but remembered it was an American site and I don't think you call dinner tea there? I think that's more an Aussie/British thing.

Offline Bigval

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 04, 2018, 06:16:34 AM »
I picked up a copy of Locust Abortion Technician today I'm sure that will be an interesting listen given what PAT has done to me.

Offline linoleum blownapart

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 04, 2018, 11:01:09 AM »
Nice.

Keep in mind it was recorded mainly with 1 microphone on an old 8 track the size of a refrigerator.
thrower of the bong water balloons

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #453 on: December 04, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »
I picked up a copy of Locust Abortion Technician today I'm sure that will be an interesting listen given what PAT has done to me.

first time hearing it?

:shock: :shock:

prepare for an awakening.    even now... 31 years later. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
 (signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 04, 2018, 11:15:11 AM »
Post a review after you listen to it.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Apologize; To lay foundation for further offence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 04, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
I never listened to Locust Abortion Technician as far as I know, possibly....POssibly Once...A guy I know in town at the art gallery has it on vinyl maybe he'd let me tape it sometime?

My friend showed me some Butthole surfers years ago and It blew me away how much it was like hearing some long lost relative of the Melvins in some strange way...I said even then it would be a perfect collaborative between the two bands though at the time...what do you know eh?

Anyway...it's on my list of things to get to.

I'll be sure to post my review of the Album also.
Hot Cake

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »
I never listened to Locust Abortion Technician as far as I know, possibly....POssibly Once...A guy I know in town at the art gallery has it on vinyl maybe he'd let me tape it sometime?

you mean to tell me (Dumpster.. I LOVE YOU... BUT....) you are that totally out there and you HAVE NOT been exposed to Locust Abortion Technician?

for the love of God...  please never do.   I'm afraid of who and what Dumpster D might be after that awakening. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
 (signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Offline Mount Ambulance

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2018, 03:11:06 PM »

you mean to tell me (Dumpster.. I LOVE YOU... BUT....) you are that totally out there and you HAVE NOT been exposed to Locust Abortion Technician?

WTF, right?! Seriously? You have never been baptized? DD you seem like someone practically weaned on the dripping, oozing teat of the Locust Abortion Technician. This is frickin' unbelievable ... unfrickin'believable to the max! Dude do yourself a solid and listen to this tout suite! And be high when you do ... really high ... say acid, or maybe mesc, perhaps even spray paint (silver or gold natch).

you know that mindblown gif? Yeah, right here!

One of the greatest records ever recorded ... like Abbey Road but better
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

Sunday afternoon’s alright for fighting as well.

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »
Yeah, totally was waiting for that kind of response. Yeah, well fuck you guys ok?  :lol:

I'm still working my way through the Helios Creed discography, and taking my sweet time doing so.

I've been saving the Butthole surfers special to get into it eventually when I'm looking for a band to live in when all else is drawing blanks.

Maybe you need to be there for a guy who needs to be exposed to awesome shit for once?  expecting people to do it themselves, since when?

I'm one of those guys who has no real friends who listen to awesome shit besides you dickweeds...  damnit!    :o

There's a Glass jar with some magical goodies in...If I don't know what to listen to if the occasion arises, I'll be sure to make use of the Locust Abortion Album at that point in time. I know what the butthole surfers are, and why they came to this planet in the first place...Like I said...saving them special for the right time in life.

If I don't die of anxiety attack beforehand of course.   :-k

Hot Cake

Offline linoleum blownapart

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2018, 03:22:07 PM »
Just the first 45 seconds are going to give you and anxiety attack, then it will be all right. By the time side one finishes, you will at the great singularity. Make sure you have some weed in you before you set the needle down or push play or whatever.
thrower of the bong water balloons

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2018, 03:24:32 PM »
PS. Conda left me a couple butthole surfers Tape cassettes...I'll see which ones he gave me...hangon a minute...

He gave me Rembrandt pussyhorse and Hairyway to steven, I listened to them once and That was pretty solid shit, I gotta admit it's long overdue and high past time I get back and re-re-listen to those a few more times, I'm probably scared I'll be so much more of a fucked up person than I already am...it's a little scary going into that kind of territory musically for a guy like me.

Butthole surfers man, what are they? Like the Pink floyd of Grunge or something.  :lol:
Hot Cake

Offline Mount Ambulance

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »
"That kind of response" ????

that kind of response was not meant to belittle, or criticize ... it was honest surprise and bafflement ...

maybe we are here for a guy who needs to be exposed to awesome shit for once ... so take our advice and take the trip my man!

Rambrant Pussyhorse is neck and neck with Locust ... and it has a better record cover ... listen to that again in the interim ...

As for this record fucking you up? There is no other purpose for this record ... that is it's sole objective ... it's like a mantra ... there is only two states of being in the universe, pre and post Locust Abortion Technician ...

Pink Floyd? Pffftt!!! Buttholes are bigger than Jesus!

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

Sunday afternoon’s alright for fighting as well.

Offline sadcorps

• descendant of shirley temple
  • Melvins Fan since May 16, 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 04, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »
Y'all better recognize that if you haven't yet listened to Rembrandt Pussyhorse and Locust Abortion Technician then you are not yet truly alive. Get with it!
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 04, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »
Yeah I get it, Anyway...I'll be sure to make a point to Discover these in my own time....especially when I have some people over here who I want to expose to something mind altering.  :evil:

Hot Cake

Offline spunkmonkey

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 04, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
You should probably just get everything up to and including Independent Worm Saloon.  Get a couple tabs of acid and some really good headphones, then prepare for the awakening.