Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pringles

Luck is a residue of design

John Schuller

Man, I should write (or edit) for Ultimate Rock. The Band of Gypsys version of "Stop" was not on the Band of Gypsys album released in 1970, but was released on "Band of Gypsys 2" released in 1986. Also, the Beatles cover should be noted that it is a cover of the Beatles "I Want to Hold Your Hand" but they are using the arrangement made by Billy Gibbons and his pre-ZZ Top band "Moving Sidewalks". It always drives me nuts when things are incorrectly written in music articles because it rewrites and confuses history. But hey - at least they are writing about Melvins!

))))((((

Quote from: sadcorps on February 28, 2018, 12:33:33 PM
Also, the Beatles cover should be noted that it is a cover of the Beatles "I Want to Hold Your Hand" but they are using the arrangement made by Billy Gibbons and his pre-ZZ Top band "Moving Sidewalks".
Damn you're right! I thought it was Melvins who had re-imagined it like that.

Pringles

Quote from: sadcorps on February 28, 2018, 12:33:33 PM
Man, I should write (or edit) for Ultimate Rock. The Band of Gypsys version of "Stop" was not on the Band of Gypsys album released in 1970, but was released on "Band of Gypsys 2" released in 1986. It always drives me nuts when things are incorrectly written in music articles because it rewrites and confuses history.

Band of Gypsys refer to the name Jimi Hendrix gave to his band in 1969-1970.

Of course they released an album called Band of Gypsys.

A different version of Stop is also on the Live at the Filmore East album.
Luck is a residue of design

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 28, 2018, 07:57:20 AM
Quote from: Pringles on February 28, 2018, 07:47:23 AM
Imagine my surprise when I found out Stop Moving to Florida is a cover of Stop by Jimi Hendrix
It isn't actually. The Melvins state it is a cover of 'Stop' by James Gang which came out in 1969. Hendrix just covered it himself a year later. Although technically the song was actually wrote by Howard Tate and released in '68.
And now we learn that not even Tate was the original author of the song :lol: Funny.

>>>JZS<<<

Melvins like doing covers, of covers, like "I wanna hold your hand".

crushr24

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

))))((((

Quote from: crushr24 on March 05, 2018, 06:35:46 PM
This version...
That was pretty darn badass. Melvins won't be bettering that anytime soon!

Alex-

PepsiMike

Alex-

Quote from: PepsiMike on March 12, 2018, 11:10:26 AM
Quote from: Alex- on March 12, 2018, 11:08:19 AM
These were sold out within half an hour, who got one? http://hazexxltomhazelmyer.bigcartel.com/product/melvins-pinkus-abortion-technician-test-pressings-with-linocut-printed-sleeve

The regular version will be for sale in april.
How do you know what time they went up?

I didn't knew. I was on Facebook and saw this posted by Haze half an hour ago when I checked. So it's possible these went even quicker than 30 min, not sure.

jules

vince furnier

where's the stream by now? one song even? hello?  :o
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((