Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: Alex- on March 12, 2018, 11:08:19 AM
These were sold out within half an hour, who got one? http://hazexxltomhazelmyer.bigcartel.com/product/melvins-pinkus-abortion-technician-test-pressings-with-linocut-printed-sleeve

The regular version will be for sale in april.
"Art edition" or no "art edition", $400 for an LP is madness. For a test press, even.
Pure exploitation of collectors' mania.
Not even flippers charge this high.
I'm shocked.

))))((((

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on March 16, 2018, 05:49:45 AM
Pure exploitation of collectors' mania.
No doubt, but people don't HAVE to buy it.

Bigval

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on March 16, 2018, 05:49:45 AM
"Art edition" or no "art edition", $400 for an LP is madness. For a test press, even.

That is one expensive frisbee.

Chief Ten Beers

I will not partake in streaming online or sneak a listen until I have the CD. If I want to hear Stop/Florida until then, I'll crank the Syracuse '15 show. :wink:
The week of 4/20/18 is gonna rule. New Melvins, and Neil Young has a new Archive release coming out that week - Live @ The Roxy '73(Tonight's The Night Live). Something to bundle up on and get free shipping that week.
Pretty much the goldmine of live '70s Neil. Very glad that it's also a 2CD set. I refuse to pay the over-inflated prices for Neil's stuff lately on vinyl, RSD or otherwise.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: meezer on March 28, 2018, 07:58:16 AM
Sorry Chief. New track to preview.  :twisted:

https://melvinsofficial.bandcamp.com/track/embrace-the-rub

YEAH, DUMBASS!!

I really like this! Kind of a weird Dead Kennedys / X vibe to it but that's only scratching the surface. This is a pretty cool song!

Pound4abrown

Digging Embrace The Rub.
Good times.

))))((((

The song is okay. Not much else to say about it really.

))))((((

I still think it was a bit of a strange decision to combine Stop and Moving To Florida into one track. I've been listening to it again the last couple of days and it just feels like two separate songs. Like this record should be a 9 track one rather than 8. It's like an inverse The Maggot tracklist wise in this way.

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 30, 2018, 06:44:04 AM
I still think it was a bit of a strange decision to combine Stop and Moving To Florida into one track. I've been listening to it again the last couple of days and it just feels like two separate songs. Like this record should be a 9 track one rather than 8. It's like an inverse The Maggot tracklist wise in this way.

Another great example is Set Me Straight transitioning to Deserted Cities of the Heart, which actually transitions smoother I must admit.

))))((((

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on March 30, 2018, 06:43:53 PM
Another great example is Set Me Straight transitioning to Deserted Cities of the Heart, which actually transitions smoother I must admit.
Yes. I had just got into Melvins a few months before Houdini Live came out and not being very familar with their songs (and definitely not Cream) i thought Deserted Cites WAS part of Set Me Straight.

meezer

That change in Set Me Straight really ticked me off when I first heard Houdini live. SMS was one of my favorite songs on Houdini but i felt they had ruined it. Then pretty soon I liked that version better and still didn't learn in was the Cream cover till much later. It looks like it's title OCH on the CD anyway. And they play it almost twice as fast as Cream, so I was never going to figure that out on my own.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 31, 2018, 05:11:21 AM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on March 30, 2018, 06:43:53 PM
Yes. I had just got into Melvins a few months before Houdini Live came out and not being very familar with their songs (and definitely not Cream) i thought Deserted Cites WAS part of Set Me Straight.

Are you familiar with Cream now tho? You should be Cream is great man ... the S/T debut is such a great record with some of my favorite production ... that album sounds so good. All their stuff is tits ... Disraeli Gears has some of the finest wha wha finesse ever ... Clapton's leads and tones on that release may even better Hendrix imo ... Clap's fuzzy buzzy hummy lead tone on that record is pretty untouchable.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

))))((((

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 31, 2018, 09:17:15 AM
Are you familiar with Cream now tho?
Not really. I haven't listened to them for a good while. I just about recall listening to Disraeli Gears before but i don't think i've heard anything else from them. As you suggest, i should correct that.

aeustin

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 31, 2018, 10:00:37 AM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 31, 2018, 09:17:15 AM
Are you familiar with Cream now tho?
Not really. I haven't listened to them for a good while. I just about recall listening to Disraeli Gears before but i don't think i've heard anything else from them. As you suggest, i should correct that.
Live Cream Vol 1 and Vol 2. Those are the tits!
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie