Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: aeustin on March 31, 2018, 02:52:34 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on March 31, 2018, 10:00:37 AM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 31, 2018, 09:17:15 AM
Are you familiar with Cream now tho?
Not really. I haven't listened to them for a good while. I just about recall listening to Disraeli Gears before but i don't think i've heard anything else from them. As you suggest, i should correct that.
Live Cream Vol 1 and Vol 2. Those are the tits!

Live Cream Vol. 2 is the shit 8). Still have it on cassette, and LP. That one has more of their stronger songs w/ some sick soloing.
Vol. 1 on the other hand has too much endless loose jamming that sort of goes nowhere IMO.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

GrimReaper

That's a really cool looking design.

aeustin

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 31, 2018, 05:20:58 PM
Quote from: aeustin on March 31, 2018, 02:52:34 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on March 31, 2018, 10:00:37 AM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 31, 2018, 09:17:15 AM
Are you familiar with Cream now tho?
Not really. I haven't listened to them for a good while. I just about recall listening to Disraeli Gears before but i don't think i've heard anything else from them. As you suggest, i should correct that.
Live Cream Vol 1 and Vol 2. Those are the tits!

Live Cream Vol. 2 is the shit 8). Still have it on cassette, and LP. That one has more of their stronger songs w/ some sick soloing.
Vol. 1 on the other hand has too much endless loose jamming that sort of goes nowhere IMO.
I love that loose jamming haha. But yet, I totally agree, the track list on Vol 2 is better.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

Captain CoryCory

I'm guessing it'll be a 6.1 on the Pitchfork scale

GiveMe45

Can't wait (even more)!

Can't stand unresearched journalism.  The Moshville writer states that Houdini and Nevermind came out the same year....

(PAUL)

Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 10, 2018, 01:31:00 PM
Can't wait (even more)!

Can't stand unresearched journalism.  The Moshville writer states that Houdini and Nevermind came out the same year....
What???? They obviously weren't alive back then.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Captain CoryCory

One of the reviewers also said Dale started in 1988  :lol:

Pound4abrown

Can't wait (even more)!

They changed it to In Utero.

DToxico

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on April 10, 2018, 08:19:56 PM
One of the reviewers also said Dale started in 1988  :lol:

That's even worse than the way reviewers often call Dale one of the original members. At least that one is somewhat understandable, given his longevity and the fact the only album they recorded before he joined got shelved for 20 years. But 1988, wtf?

))))((((

Personally it doesn't bother me at all that people get little (or large!) factual points wrong. I don't want a history lesson in a review, i just like reading what listeners think about a new record. Hearing their "fresh", sometimes uninitiated perspective upon something im eager to hear myself.

GiveMe45

Quote from: Pound4abrown on April 11, 2018, 08:28:10 PM
Can't wait (even more)!

They changed it to In Utero.
And it altered the storyline.  Mentioning Nevermind was their way of connecting it to the explosion of grunge.

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 12, 2018, 07:52:12 AM
Personally it doesn't bother me at all that people get little (or large!) factual points wrong. I don't want a history lesson in a review, i just like reading what listeners think about a new record. Hearing their "fresh", sometimes uninitiated perspective upon something im eager to hear myself.
I would agree if it was a straight review but with a band like Melvins it makes a little sense to tie in some history.  With the variety in their sound it helps to know a bit about their background for people new to them.  So if you're gonna include stuff like that, do your research, especially on something as simple as the year an album was released.

))))((((

Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 12, 2018, 11:36:02 AM
I would agree if it was a straight review but with a band like Melvins it makes a little sense to tie in some history.  With the variety in their sound it helps to know a bit about their background for people new to them.
Totally, i just meant i personally don't like reading it. Especially for bands im familiar with. I usually just jump right over the first paragraph in a Melvins review to the actual music talk.