Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

This is a good, thought provoking review. It makes a lot of good points and in a way, it's difficult to disagree.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/04/17/album-review-the-melvins-pinkus-abortion-technician/

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 18, 2018, 05:50:42 AM
This is a good, thought provoking review. It makes a lot of good points and in a way, it's difficult to disagree.

I find it quite easy to disagree with the review, the writer's style, and your assessment that it's good and thought provoking. 

linoleum blownapart

Agreed, I'm biased, but the writing was terrible.  Does metalsucks hire hipsters?
thrower of the bong water balloons

DToxico

Yeah, that has to be one of the shittiest album reviews I've read in weeks.

Pound4abrown

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on April 19, 2018, 09:00:25 AM
Agreed, I'm biased, but the writing was terrible.  Does metalsucks hire hipsters?

They started out as a parody site to Metal Sludge.
So I rarely, if ever, take them seriously.

))))((((

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on April 19, 2018, 08:53:56 AM
I find it quite easy to disagree with the review, the writer's style, and your assessment that it's good and thought provoking.
Well, it's not a great review in what one might think to describe one as. But i do think it raises a few interesting points. Or rather it did to me.

))))((((

Just heard the majority of this album (bar 'Flamboyant Duck'). Prior to listening i was on the fence of if to buy it or not. Thankfully i have to say this is actually quite a solid record. 'Don't Forget To Breathe' in particular is an undeniably cool song and the album highlight. 'Graveyard is a little slower than the live version i was used to hearing and loved but still good. Hey, perhaps from now on Jeff Pinkus should write ALL Melvins material!!

glen

I've heard nothing beyond Embrace the Nub I mean Rub.     the above coming from as tough a critic as Ian,  I must say my interest has risen. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

))))((((

Quote from: glen on April 19, 2018, 12:36:39 PM
I've heard nothing beyond Embrace the Nub I mean Rub.     
That's the worst song IMO. Everything else is better.

glen

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 19, 2018, 12:39:47 PM
Quote from: glen on April 19, 2018, 12:36:39 PM
I've heard nothing beyond Embrace the Nub I mean Rub.     
That's the worst song IMO. Everything else is better.

don't tell anybody I said this but I am glad to hear that.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

rictus

I should probably listen to this at some point.

bUTTHOLEmAN

It's on youtube.

Graveyard - Good
Don't Forget to Breathe - Good
Break Bread - Good
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Pound4abrown

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 19, 2018, 01:09:34 PM
It's on youtube.

Graveyard - Good
Don't Forget to Breathe - Good
Break Bread - Good

Yeah. I agree. Thought Prenup Butter was interesting too.