Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Colonel Cheese

5 out of 5. Fucking awesome, this album rocks!

dwr budr

Quote from: Colonel Cheese on April 20, 2018, 08:43:38 AM
5 out of 5. Fucking awesome, this album rocks!

Fucking right it does!!! It reminded me why the melvins are the band to end all bands.

aeustin

The fact that it doesn't "sound like" Melvins is the biggest proof that it is, indeed, Melvins.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

Pound4abrown

One thing is for sure, what this band needs is some more Banjo.

AxelFoley

Prenup Butter is effin' great. It's Southern Rock / This Machine Kills Artists with a more regular Melvins tinge. Buzz's vocals sound really great on this track, too. The other songs are also pretty good. See my avatar for my overall rating of this record. I'll be waiting now for the next "real" Melvins release, but this + AWWLAD contain some of their strongest material in years.

black stallion

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 19, 2018, 07:15:07 PM
Quote from: black stallion on April 19, 2018, 03:51:41 PM
ordered today

I should have the CD tomorrow, or Saturday the latest, delivered. Still have not previewed any a/v online. Ordered from Bullmoose, along w/ the Hendrix - Axis.. mono '13 reissue LP for $18, which is really great. Longtime Hendrix fan/collector, never heard that mix, great to have.

great Chief!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

DeeSonyaChin

Nawh I'm movin down ta flory-DUH

GiveMe45

Picked up the CD today.  Just need to find a CD player....

Chief Ten Beers

Yes!, this is as good as I expected, if not better. Prenup Butter might be my fave so far. Love the dark/heavy psych groove they've got going on throughout. Man, Pinkus better bring that banjo along on tour.
Wanted to hear the album before getting show tix. Gonna order up  a tik for Cleveland here soon.
On the CD package, it's the cheapest digipak style available, but at least it's a gatefold, and it's not the over-sized one like TMKA & Hold It In. I have my own stash of CD paper sleeves from Office Max for this situation. Luckily the paper sleeve does fit in the pocket.

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Mount Ambulance

In just over a week I will officially be "homeless" ... a man of no fixed address couch surfing a big wave of this fucking sucks! Right now I should be continuing to pack up my stuff and trying getting my shit together. Instead I unpacked my stereo and smoked a fatty so I could crank the shit outta Pinkus Abortion Technician. I'm a dumbass but the soundtrack to that dumb assery is SWEET!

Maybe I should move to Florida?

Quote from: aeustin on April 19, 2018, 03:12:29 PM
Best Melvins album of the decade.

Yup
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

blacksanta

JD Pinkus has an excellent backing band on his new solo record, which contains an unexpected Red Kross cover.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Stonergrunge

"Break Bread" is hilarious, it could be perfect as music for a TV commercial.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: aeustin on April 19, 2018, 03:12:29 PM
Best Melvins album of the decade.

FIGHT ME.

I'm just about on the first listen and I might be in the same boat. Eight solid tracks, perfect length, a hearty dose of weirdness without being bullshit, occasional heaviness and just a cool record.

Tres Cabrones might still be my favorite of this decade but this one isn't too far behind.