Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen83

ALL the albums since HAT have been run of the mill and with the exception of the odd tune here & there predictable.

My least enjoyed Melvins stuff was ALL the Big Business stuff. Them live with Melvins was great but all those albums they were on just didn't do anything.

The only reason Freak Puke stood out a bit was due to the instruments used.

The new album is the most interesting thing they've done for years & years. If you don't think so then tough titties.

When it comes to the live shows....well it doesn't matter who is with them....they always kill it. Kevin & Mark D were my preferred bass players live & in studio but Steve is absolutely fine. As long as it's a 3 piece or a 3 piece AND Pinkus its all good.

Oscar

I shouldn't engage because we will forever disagree but are you seriously calling Pigs Of The Roman Empire, (A) Senile Animal, Nude With Boots and The Bride Screamed Murder run of the mill? That's a pretty exciting mill if you ask me.

Also, saying that that an album with almost as many covers as original songs is their best in years might be saying something about your general affinity for the band.

black stallion

Quote from: Buttcakefred on April 24, 2018, 04:54:40 AM
At this point for me (A) Senile Animal is the last great Melvins album.

no doubt about that
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

PepsiMike

Different types of fans:

The one that loves the band no matter what, and gets offended at negative remarks.
The one that likes some things, not others.
The one that likes the band because others like them.
?
??

dirtmerchant

Quote from: Oscar on April 24, 2018, 12:12:55 PM
I shouldn't engage because we will forever disagree but are you seriously calling Pigs Of The Roman Empire, (A) Senile Animal, Nude With Boots and The Bride Screamed Murder run of the mill? That's a pretty exciting mill if you ask me.

Also, saying that that an album with almost as many covers as original songs is their best in years might be saying something about your general affinity for the band.

Thank you. Yea all those albums are killer, like wtf? This guy has to be trolling. And that's what I was trying to say earlier about so many damn covers and the rest of the songs not even being written by the Melvins. Break bread sounds like a damn honky song. I don't mind Pinkus in the Melvins but I don't care for Honky. Your "general affinity for the band" part is spot on. You said it way better than me.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: PepsiMike on April 24, 2018, 01:32:11 PM
Different types of fans:

The one that loves the band no matter what, and gets offended at negative remarks.
? Dogs
?? Babies
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

PepsiMike

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 24, 2018, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: PepsiMike on April 24, 2018, 01:32:11 PM
Different types of fans:

? Dogs
?? Babies
:lol:

Helen83

Quote from: Oscar on April 24, 2018, 12:12:55 PM

Ah crap forgot about Pigs Of The Roman Empire. That did indeed kick ass.

And yes a Melvins mill on the run is a bit more exciting than most but that shouldn't exempt them from being called out.
I mean when you talk about comfort zone you can't help but think of the Melvins/Big Biz albums.

Helen83

Oh and Honky rules.....well the Melvins album that is Waka Waka Waka.

I'm a troll because I think some recent Melvins albums are pish compared to some their previous albums? MAN UP!!!

Helen83

I got an idea guys.....let's argue about vibrations in the air that make us wiggle our bums & stroke our chins!  :cheers: :cheers: \:D/

Stonergrunge

It's not my intention to elude the current discussion but I would like to know if anyone has seen the RSD version of the album yet. I've been trying to find pictures of the aluminum version without any success.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 24, 2018, 03:11:18 PM
It's not my intention to elude the current discussion but I would like to know if anyone has seen the RSD version of the album yet. I've been trying to find pictures of the aluminum version without any success.
That was a joke, if you're referring to what I think. Aluminum version = regular cd.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Oscar

Quote from: Helen83 on April 24, 2018, 01:42:45 PM
I mean when you talk about comfort zone you can't help but think of the Melvins/Big Biz albums.

amazonAMAZON

I love the Melvins uber-evil character, I think those songs have always been more frightening than pretty much any other music, even those that were labeled devil music or identified as such.

After inspiring a genre full of copycats with tracks like "Eye Flys" and "Hung Bunny/ROman Dog Bird" they continued to surprise me with chilling darkness like "Goggles," "At The Stake," "Divorced," "Mouth Breather," "They All Must Be Slaughtered," "The Fool, The Meddling Idiot," "See How Pretty, See How Smart." and so forth. These are all songs I would put on the mix for that guy's little brother that he's always mentioning.

I love that "Don't Forget to Breathe" taps into that without being at all a repeat. And that it's not even buzz's song. It ends up with a string section. It's one of the most adventurous things they've done since Freak Puke.

Elsewhere I hear echoes of the disturbed Melvins that I love so much, something that was rather absent from Death, ironically.

There's also some really cool sounds in "Prenup Butter" and "Flamboyant Duck"

I like that "Stop Moving to Florida" is not at all connected. I think it's a funny continuation of their assault on the traditional tracklist. I don't know the BHS (BS?) catalog well enough to reference the original of "Graveyard" or "Florida." I like Buzz's performance on "Moving to Florida" but I'm not stoked about the EQ and mixing on it until I turn the record up way too loud, which actually works well for the song.

I like that they were very honest about the album, its origins and speed to make. If it's only a stop-gap between two Buzz-penned albums then it's among the best we could have hoped for.

If you're over the age of thirty and you regret spending $12 for this album I seriously pity you. If you need to skip a song you can.

If you're under thirty you probably think all music sounds like an MP3 and have never bought an album anyway.

linoleum blownapart

Break Bread was a Honky song written with Bobby and Dale. Honky did not use it, so the Melvins did.

All the Melvins albums have stinkers on them.  I think the only one that I will fully listen too without skipping something is the maggot.  And I retracked that one anyways, so to say it is cut up no wonder you don't skip songs, is a wrong.

I guess i'm In the boat that likes some things but not others.  If I hear eye flies or youth of America one more time I'm going to hurl.

It is a pawty y'all, just listen to it and have a good time, or if you don't like it, pass and not continuously bitch about it.  Or are you the troll?

I get it, to say it is the best in 20 years with half the songs being covers, is that a stretch?  Not necessarily.

I made a point awhile back, I'm biased, and said your will either really like it or really hate it.

To each their own. 

thrower of the bong water balloons