Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 24, 2018, 04:28:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 24, 2018, 03:11:18 PM
It's not my intention to elude the current discussion but I would like to know if anyone has seen the RSD version of the album yet. I've been trying to find pictures of the aluminum version without any success.
That was a joke, if you're referring to what I think. Aluminum version = regular cd.

The Record Store Day version was a joke? I thought it was real since it was posted as a message on the Melvins Facebook page... well, clearly my english is not that good.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

meezer

Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 24, 2018, 06:02:52 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 24, 2018, 04:28:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 24, 2018, 03:11:18 PM
It's not my intention to elude the current discussion but I would like to know if anyone has seen the RSD version of the album yet. I've been trying to find pictures of the aluminum version without any success.
That was a joke, if you're referring to what I think. Aluminum version = regular cd.

The Record Store Day version was a joke? I thought it was real since it was posted as a message on the Melvins Facebook page... well, clearly my english is not that good.
Yup.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on April 24, 2018, 05:45:42 PM
I love the Melvins uber-evil character
Count me in on that also.

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on April 24, 2018, 05:48:39 PM
All the Melvins albums have stinkers on them.
Woah!! No way. VERY rarely any prior to Freak Puke.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

aeustin

Quote from: black stallion on April 25, 2018, 05:31:42 AM
this is so funny  :lol:
I made/posted that!

I cringe at my mistake spelling "few" as "fear" though.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

Captain CoryCory

That is fucking brilliant!  :lol:

Also, PAT showed up in the mail today. He gets better with every listen.

PAT is a good boy. He may even be the goodest boy of this decade.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Can anyone tell which song this was being recorded here then? Im intrigued as to which one it was and i can't for the life of me remember hearing that part on the album.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPLgAZLj8sn/?

aeustin

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 26, 2018, 09:51:06 AM
Can anyone tell which song this was being recorded here then? Im intrigued as to which one it was and i can't for the life of me remember hearing that part on the album.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPLgAZLj8sn/?
Fairly certain that is from Don't forget to breathe.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

h3r3t!c

I agree that Senile Animal was the last great album from start to end, since then it's been hit or miss for me mostly. Nude With Boots was nice but not super nice. I think they should've ended the Big Biz collaboration at that point. TBSM was meh. Bulls'n'Bees - okay, but not more. Not a fan of Freak Puke either, full of mediocre songs. Everybody Loves Sausages was really fun, but is obviously no regular album in the classic sense. I like Tres Cabrones pretty much. Not so much love for the Pinkus-influenced song on Hold It In, plus it sounds really flat production-wise, otherwise it's quite good. Never got into TMAAB at all. Basses Loaded is my favorite album of the decade so far, but I consider it more of a compilation. AWWLAD... read what I wrote about Freak Puke. Frankly lots of criticism here, but on the other hand I absolutely love them live, no matter which songs they play and they're still one of my all time favorite bands and I'd definitely rather have them release too much than too less!

Now to PAS: Definitely one of the better efforts recently! Stop is fine. Love their version of Moving To Florida. Cannot understand the dislike for Embrace The Rub, certainly far away from regular Melvins-style but I dig it nontheless. Don't Forget To Breath is cool, agreed on the resemblance to Staley's singing style. Flamboyant Duck could totally have been on Dale's solo album, first half is super catchy and sweet sounding, second half I consider rather boring and pointless. Break Bread and Prenup Butter are solid but nothing that will stay in my ear. I Wanna Hold Your Hand should've been more like the recent live versions but not much to complain about here really, good version. Unsure what to think about Graveyard. Overall experience is positive.

))))((((

Quote from: aeustin on April 26, 2018, 12:10:19 PM
Fairly certain that is from Don't forget to breathe.
That's what i maybe thought. Although i wasn't sure. I guess Prenup Butter is the only other possible one.

black stallion

Quote from: aeustin on April 25, 2018, 05:17:05 PM
Quote from: black stallion on April 25, 2018, 05:31:42 AM
this is so funny  :lol:
I made/posted that!

I cringe at my mistake spelling "few" as "fear" though.

ah, you made my day with that!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

squawx

The Melvins well of greatness is so bottomless, so rewarding that it doesn't feel right to flat-out dump on them. However, as much as I admire, respect the urge to experiment, PAT is not an experiment that paid off. Proof for me is when Buzz finally takes lead vocals. He has total command of his voice, seems to be interested in the sound and has always done so much with that sound, whereas Pinkus is a "singer", and a bland one at that. Generic bellowing at best. If I wanted to hear him sing, I'd get his solo album or some Honky. Anyway, Buzz will keep experimenting and we all will benefit. For me this one is a big miss, one I won't be buying, but shit, their track record is too great to bail out now.

Still, I cannot wait for him to lose that EGC guitar. The heft is gone. Same situation with Duane Dennison on the Jesus Lizard reunion shows. Those guitars are souped up banjos, they just don't cut it.

DeeSonyaChin

Stonergrunge

I placed an order a few days ago at ImportCDs and none of the latest albums could be included because both Sleep and Melvins were -and still are- back ordered. I'm going to wait maybe around next month when (hopefully) the hype has decreased.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.