Author Topic: Pinkus Abortion Technician  (Read 23540 times)

Offline linoleum blownapart

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
Re: Pinkus Abortion Technician
« Reply #465 on: December 04, 2018, 05:29:22 PM »
The butts were so poor during the RPH Times, which is actually some of their first recordings, they used old recording tapes that were all ready used and did not really know what they were doing. So after they recorded creep and were playing it back, that is where the fiddle part came from it was already there from the first recording, but ended up backwards on theirs.
thrower of the bong water balloons

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Apologize; To lay foundation for further offence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 04, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »
You should probably just get everything up to and including Independent Worm Saloon.  Get a couple tabs of acid and some really good headphones, then prepare for the awakening.

Let's take a moment here if possible, to talk about drugs in an open discussion, briefly..perhaps. 

Couple Tabs?

I think the stuff if it's real..you only need about a half a hit IMO.

Apparently you can still get that stuff and it's still being made in places but I wouldn't ever do it casually in any sort of practical environment in my current condition I need professional supervision...hm...and on a side note..what's with too many mindless idiots these days banging opioids and dirty cheap cut Coke and Just pure street grime has taken a course to run rampant, meth? you know? what the fuck kind of shit you booking me in?!?!?

..where have the good days of psychedelics all but disappeared to while on the subject.
Hot Cake

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 04, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »
The butts were so poor during the RPH Times, which is actually some of their first recordings, they used old recording tapes that were all ready used and did not really know what they were doing. So after they recorded creep and were playing it back, that is where the fiddle part came from it was already there from the first recording, but ended up backwards on theirs.

This is interesting information.  8)
Hot Cake

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 05, 2018, 02:56:10 AM »
When I put this album on I listen to it 2-3 times in a row and only stop for say dinner or something which then breaks the spell. It's too good it's almost unfair I've got a hard drive choc full of music I can't listen to because of this album, bastards.

I know there's still more than 12 months to go but I'm officially nominating PAT for album of the decade.

glad you like it so much bud,i have to disagree though...i mean, it's not bad , the Crover song (outtake from his solo album sessions probably) and Don't Forget To Breath are cool tunes....covers are fun and well done, but i consider this more as a collection of songs rather than a proper album.
what' s the latest proper album Melvins recorded? i'd say Bride Screamed Murder
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline moose

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 05, 2018, 07:51:26 AM »
What about walk?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 05, 2018, 08:06:14 AM »
What about walk?

yeah, sorry..that was an album..a double album. probably i prefer that one than PAT. i've been listening to AWWLAD more than PAT for sure
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline deatheats

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 05, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »
..where have the good days of psychedelics all but disappeared to while on the subject.

I was lucky enough to have a friend who was dating a gent in the last year, that had a connection.
Glad I took him up on the offer, cause they've already broken up and you know how that goes.

I don't touch any hard drugs other than psychedelics...fuck that noise, glad I learned that much in my 20s.

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 05, 2018, 03:13:11 PM »
Some kids don't learn that, and end up getting hooked on something that destroys both body and mind.

KIDS!!! don't be fucking idiots.

Yeah Deatheats that's exactly what I'm talking about, some kids start off on the wrong foot.

If you're going to take drugs, don't abuse them, study and do some research into it beforehand.

Alkaloids should be taken respectfully as they can be life changing in both good and bad ways, they are useful in connecting your mind-body-spirit together in a greater sense of awareness... but... that doesn't necessarily lend any useful practicality to contemporary consumer lifestyles.

Mushrooms are not for the white man.

That's all I can say about that.

Hot Cake

Offline deatheats

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 05, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »
Some kids don't learn that, and end up getting hooked on something that destroys both body and mind.

KIDS!!! don't be fucking idiots.

Yeah Deatheats that's exactly what I'm talking about, some kids start off on the wrong foot.

If you're going to take drugs, don't abuse them, study and do some research into it beforehand.

Alkaloids should be taken respectfully as they can be life changing in both good and bad ways, they are useful in connecting your mind-body-spirit together in a greater sense of awareness... but... that doesn't necessarily lend any useful practicality to contemporary consumer lifestyles.

That's all I can say about that.

Well said sir!   Agreed that the decision on whether to indulge should never be taken lightly.

Offline linoleum blownapart

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 05, 2018, 04:02:32 PM »
Good thing I’m not a white man, I loves me some mushrooms.
thrower of the bong water balloons

Offline spunkmonkey

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 05, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 05, 2018, 06:33:20 PM »
Tell that to the Aztecs, Mayans and the spanish conquest.
Hot Cake

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #477 on: December 06, 2018, 06:04:37 AM »
MELVINS are quite obviously one of the greatest bands of all time.

but can we not compare PAT to LAT?    I don't feel comfortable with that.      sure.. you could throw Lysol or HAT or GPT or Bullhead in the ring.   but PAT is going to get ran right the fuck home and put back to bed by LAT. 

not saying PAT doesn't have value.  because it does.  but LAT is life changing. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
 (signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Offline ))))((((

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 06, 2018, 08:06:08 AM »
PAT, LAT, HAT - it's hard to keep up!

Im not much of a Surfers fan, but even i will attest that Locust... is a fine album.

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 06, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
I know a guy with an LP of LAT, I will ask to tape it sometime like I said...Things right now In my life are fucked...I'll get to it when the dust settles...right now Like it's Just not a good time personally for me to be discovering Life changing music.

Anyway thanks guys for the shared knowledge and wisdom of righteous music.
Hot Cake