Boner Records Re-releases Ozma and Bullhead

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, February 18, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveMe45

I picked up Ozma at my usual shop last week.  They didn't have any info on Bullhead

(PAUL)

Looks like Bullhead has a 5/18 release date.

https://midheaven.com/item/bullhead-by-melvins-cd <- I know it says cd there but it has the preorder for the vinyl available on that page. I like their description of It's Shoved.

Quote"It's Shoved" is a groovy beat for the cast of Shindig to bop along to, until their carefree performances of The Pony, The Mashed Potato, and The Watusi are horribly interrupted by the soundstage tilting up and sliding them all into a mangled heap of screaming dancers, broken cameras and flaming electronic equipment at the bottom.

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Jozzy

Thanks Paul! I got my copy Ozma a week or so ago, sounds great!

meezer

Tom Flynn - fakebook group

"And now comes Bullhead's turn for the vinyl reissue treatment. New gatefold cover. Put it on your turntable and pretend that you're Kurdt Kobain hearing it for the very first time (heroin is optional). Pre-order here: "

https://midheaven.com/item/bullhead-by-melvins-cd
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

jules

Mackie versions of Bullhead and Ozma available tonight in Cleveland:

deatheats

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

dirtmerchant

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 18, 2018, 01:10:27 PM
I wonder if it's colored vinyl?

I think the bullhead is green vinyl. Should have went with blue.
If Anyone on here is goin to that show tonight could pick me up a set of those I could pay you some cash or a tour/haze glow version of PAT. Long shot but figured I'd ask.

buddy holiday

these are colored (from fb). green and blue, I don't know which is which.... colored ones are only available from these letterpress editions on the road from the band. good luck to those who have a chance to get one!

anyone with success; please post pics...

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: buddy holiday on May 18, 2018, 03:26:31 PM
these are colored (from fb). green and blue, I don't know which is which.... colored ones are only available from these letterpress editions on the road from the band. good luck to those who have a chance to get one!

anyone with success; please post pics...
Thanks buddy holiday. I wouldn't be surprised to see these show up in a bundle as well.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

vince furnier

Tom says on fakebook that he'll rerelease Lice-All and Eggnog separately too but it'll take a while.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

jules

Picked up Ozma and Bullhead today; the gatefold sleeves really do them justice, great work!

Quote from: vince furnier on May 19, 2018, 08:07:06 AM
Tom says on fakebook that he'll rerelease Lice-All and Eggnog separately too but it'll take a while.
Expect around this time next year.

Dumpster D

My guess is They will Re-press using the original Stampers, that would be a time and money saver too.

DLaurel

This Boner reissue sucks....again. I've really had it with them. What's the coolest thing about vinyl? To me clearly the size of the cover artwork. And what do they do? They make the acutal art smaller (why on Earth would you do that????), put an ugly frame around it, and as a last straw pair it with another release, which I already have in its original form (Ozma). Now a second chance to make it right - and they fuck it up again. Before ordering, I just had a quick look on Discogs and the Bullhead reissue seemed to look fine. Unfrotunately, they have uploaded the original artwork, not the, as they proudly(?) call it, updated art. When my LP arrived, I wanted to throw it right out of the window. They made the letters bigger and the art smaller (again, WHY???), gave it a duller shade of blue than the original (or my bootleg, which I wanted to replace), and to top it off, there is a pink smudge on the front cover (I asked my dealer, and the other copy he has, has the same issue). How can you botch so many things at a time? Was it a wager or something? Beats me.

Third Man did it better, but not perfect either. What's cool about physical releases? The credits in the booklet/on the sleeve. So why did they remove the credits from the Stag reissue??? Makes no sense. And it's not really cool towards all the people who were metioned there.

Do the Melvins deserve these shitty reissues? I don't think so.