Author Topic: DOD Buzz Box  (Read 7890 times)

beee

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2004, 04:53:22 AM »
overdrive distortion by boss sounds really good is the battery is dying. I've recorded a song like that :)

Kurva

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2004, 07:51:23 AM »
lets hear it :)

beee

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2004, 10:09:49 AM »
i can post it tuesday...

mobmob

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2004, 03:40:51 AM »
Quote from: emptyhanded
i think its all three that you go ten on and bad things happen.  on a side note,  kurt cobain would use half-dead batteries in his effects to make interesting noises, but i would use an adapter with a half or three-fourths voltage required.  this worked on old DOD's. i don't know if it worked on anything else.

yes, that's what i do with my rat, i don't know why but it sounds better.

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2004, 06:19:48 PM »
GW: One fallout of success is having products named after you. Buzz, weren't you a consultant on a foot pedal design that used your name?
KIM: It wasn't the DOD Grunge Pedal, was it? Have you seen that? The inside of the accompanying booklet says: "How to get the Melvins sound; how to get the Accused sound." I bought the thing, not to use it, but simply as a souvenir.
GW: I remember you saying, "Great, I just bought a pedal to make me sound like me."
ALL: [laugh]
BUZZ: It's called the Buzz Box, and it is put out by DOD. I had nothing to do with it. I mean, does my guitar really sound that bad? [laughs] The guys at DOD are kind of crazy; I have to give them credit for that. A guy there was always bugging me at shows about how we got the sound on the Eggnog record. I used this thin called a Blue Box, an octave divider from the early Seventies. So this guy says, "I want to design a pedal; we'll call it the Buzz Box and get that sound out of it." But it wasn't so much that he wanted to do an endorsement or anything. I think he just likes the sound of it. So he came to one of our shows an looked inside the Blue Box. He kind of duplicated it and combine it with the Grunge Pedal in a new pedal. I have to admire DOD for putting out something that insane. Yes, the Buzz Box is totally worthless. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner. [laughs]
I ended up using it on a few noise things on Stoner Witch, but the record that we used it on most was one that came out before Stoner Witch called Prick, a total noise crap record we did strictly for the weirdness factor. Complete and utter nonsense, at total joke. We've taken a lot of shit for it, too. It came out in August. I would say it has no redeeming social value whatsoever and is easily the stupidest record we've ever done. There's something to be said for that.

found this at the melvins shack with help from green honey.  gw is guitar world and kim kim thayll of soundgarden.   thx green honey.
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Offline anaconda

• snake in the grass
  • Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • Brad Black Design Group
DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2004, 11:34:48 AM »
Quote from: Buzz
Yes, the Buzz Box is totally worthless. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner. [laughs] I ended up using it on a few noise things on Stoner Witch, but the record that we used it on most was one that came out before Stoner Witch called Prick, a total noise crap record we did strictly for the weirdness factor. Complete and utter nonsense, at total joke. We've taken a lot of shit for it, too. It came out in August. I would say it has no redeeming social value whatsoever and is easily the stupidest record we've ever done. There's something to be said for that.

It's nice to see Buzz finally come clean about Prick,
now if we could only get him to admit as much about COD  8)

Offline vince furnier

• shit talking thieves
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
Re: DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2018, 06:04:11 AM »
I scored a Buzz Box on fleaBay and it is fuckin sweet!!!! hate on it all you want SUCKAAAAHZ!!! it's the real deal.   :D
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline blacksanta

• speaks bocce
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.org
Re: DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2018, 10:42:58 AM »
My old High School garage band had one back in the mid-90's. It's the tits when hooked up with a drum machine and a delay. Edit: Also, nice 14 year-old thread bump!
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.