2018 Tour Diary via Brooklyn Vegan

Started by jules, May 15, 2018, 05:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

Chief Ten Beers

Cool. I'd buy a photo book of this. 8)
So the Melvins are off tomorrow, Thursday 5/17, in between Toronto which is tonight, and Cleveland Fri 5/18. I wonder if they will do the inevitable that every band does, where you stop and do the stupid tourist thing and take dumb pictures of yourself @ Niagara Falls. Every band does it when they come through, usually gets posted to fb/instagram.
The Maid Of The Mist is hilarious. You know those liner notes in Ween's - Paintin The Town Brown, where Deaner talks about the shit-mister? That is literally the Maid Of The Mist :P. All of the sewage from Buffalo goes into the Niagara River, only to be sprayed from the Falls all over tourists in the lower section. It was all over the news last year, google it, - giant brown spots (noticeable from helicopters/drones) upstream in the river from the failing water treatment plants. I hope the Melvins don't fall for this shit-trap. :lol:

Bigval

That 51 shows in 51 days tour diary they did for Spin back in 2012 is one of the best things the band has ever done IMO.

I've read all those collated tour diaries probably 4-5 times now. I love shit like that.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

))))((((

I like these Melvins tour updates! As mentioned above, the Freak Puke, Buzz written one was great too.

GrimReaper

Chief Ten Beers

I didn't notice Jim Fox in or around the club. Must be he was on the guest-list and hung out backstage. I did notice a guy at the Grog who IS the doppelganger of Adam Jones, down to the hair even :shock:. I did a double-take. He was not near backstage pre-show, just in the crowd like everyone else, messing around on his phone, so I assume it wasn't him.

glen

just follow Walsby's facebook page.  it's as good as a tour diary.  plus you'll find out how annoying you are as a concert attender and merch table vulture.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

))))((((

It's inspired me to go back and re-read the 51 in 51 updates. Conda with the awesome upload here!

Quote from: anaconda on November 15, 2012, 05:10:20 PM
e-book download in PDF format:

<a href=http://thesickos.free.fr/51_in_51.pdf>Melvins Lite - 51 in 51 Tour Diary</a>

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on May 23, 2018, 10:50:52 AM
I didn't notice Jim Fox in or around the club. Must be he was on the guest-list and hung out backstage. I did notice a guy at the Grog who IS the doppelganger of Adam Jones, down to the hair even :shock:. I did a double-take. He was not near backstage pre-show, just in the crowd like everyone else, messing around on his phone, so I assume it wasn't him.
It was him.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

WTF is adam jones doing in OH?      WTF is anybody doing in OH?     ....said the guy in MI.  :shock:
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bUTTHOLEmAN

:lol:
Some people are just die-hard Amish country fans?

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

amazonAMAZON

I know it's been said on here before, but I love the Benjamin buttons act Dale has been pulling the last few years. Soon he'll be twenty.

meezer

My man says Adam and Danny from Tool were there
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix