Author Topic: 14-05-2018 - Montreal - Theatre Corona  (Read 397 times)

Offline Pringles

• merch vulture
    • View Profile
14-05-2018 - Montreal - Theatre Corona
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:35:26 PM »
Melvins delivered again. They now have a recorded weird music going on between each song while they tune up and drink water. Its really cool.

Sesame Street Meat (cool opener)

At A Crawl (What year is this? 1985? This song was for old fans like me. It was heavier than on the albun with the two bassist. Also, the four of them sing along at the same time; I'M CRAWLIN, ON MY BELLY CRAWLIN.... Spectacular. The 1980 nostalgia was cranked to 11)

The Kicking Machine (got distracted by the insane mush pit the kicking machine always generate)

Saviour Machine (Meh)

What They Say

Anaconda (Solid like always. A Melvins staple. But now with an added double bass for the cool slide in the chorus)

Stop Moving To Florida (on the album I was Meh, but seeing this in show was totally different. I think its the highlight. Specialy with Buzz monologue at the end with all these weird feedback and reverb)

Edgar The Elephant (Good song for first time listener of Melvins)

Sway

Let It All Be (My favorite song. The pounding of Dale Crover is something to behold).

Honey Bucket (the Smell like teen spirit of the Melvins. Its funny how people react when Honey Bucket start

The Bit

Don't Forget To Breathe (this song is now stuck in my head.)

Onions Make The Milk Taste Bad (I dont like this song)

The Talking Horse (heavy ++ with the double bass

Evil New War God

Eye Flys (the best Eye fly version I have seen in show, all because of the two bassist. The atmosphere on this one was insane. This song is always the best and I am glad they put it as the final.)

One of my best Melvins show.

I think Steve is the greatest bassist Melvins ever had. He is such a good fit.

I saw some cameras. It will be on Youtube soon
Luck is a residue of design

Offline immoraliste

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
Re: 14-05-2018 - Montreal - Theatre Corona
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 08:06:09 AM »
5th time seeing the melvins. Amazing show. Great set tailored to the set up of the band. I was intrigued as to how the double bass would work live and it's impressive. As many have said, it works so well because Pinkus and Steve are very different and compliment each other very well.

Set highlights : AT A CRAWL (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Anaconda, The Bit, Let it All Be (so so so so good).

I was on the 2nd floor in the seats cause the show was on a Monday and I'm an old man now, but it gave me a great view of the show and allowed me to focus a lot of my attention on Crover. Jesus christ. Watching him start off At a Crawl gave me tingles at the bottom of my balls.

What stood out to me most is that the guys seem to having so much FUN on stage.

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 14-05-2018 - Montreal - Theatre Corona
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:16:38 PM »
I was on the 2nd floor in the seats cause the show was on a Monday and I'm an old man now, but it gave me a great view of the show and allowed me to focus a lot of my attention on Crover. Jesus christ. Watching him start off At a Crawl gave me tingles at the bottom of my balls.

What stood out to me most is that the guys seem to having so much FUN on stage.

=D>
Charmicarmicat:Bastards