Music On Vinyl to re-release Stag, Stoner Witch and Houdini

Started by jules, May 30, 2018, 07:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Music On Vinyl (Haarlem, The Netherlands) are to re-release Stag and Stoner Witch on 180g vinyl on 22 June; there'll be more Melvins vinyl available in European record shops again soon than there has been for at least 13 years.

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/melvins/stag#more

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/melvins/stoner-witch#.Ww6UOCBG3IU

Hot Pants

MoV have done some really quality pressings.

these could be very good.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

jules

It's weird having a black Stoner Witch LP with Atlantic labels. MOV have really done this justice.

jules

Dumpster D

Thanks for the heads up Jules...Now If only I had some money.  :(

Guess I can't complain, I missed the Toronto show, so it cost me my last dime to make it to the Detroit show right.

Therein was the financial compromise.

coodies

I see that the Stag LP is not a gatefold but it does come with an insert.  :o

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

jules

Quote from: moose on March 21, 2019, 07:46:18 PM
Where to buy these online?
eBay, Amazon, plenty of European record stores sell them online. I think the MOV site has a list of stores that stock them.

Dumpster D

There's a couple Melvins Re-release Albums at the Record Shop in Kingston, I forget which ones..I think Houdini re-release was there...that's where I got that stoner witch Tape for another member here who was cool enough to get me a copy of the Love and Death Double Cassette.  8) 8) 8)

jules

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 22, 2019, 01:12:13 AM
There's a couple Melvins Re-release Albums at the Record Shop in Kingston, I forget which ones..I think Houdini re-release was there...that's where I got that stoner witch Tape for another member here who was cool enough to get me a copy of the Love and Death Double Cassette.  8) 8) 8)
Is that Kingston-upon-Thames or Jamaica?

Dumpster D

Quote from: jules on March 22, 2019, 12:01:04 PM

Nay, Kingston Ontario...about an hour from me, It's the home of The right plastered Sir John A. Macdonald and was initially the place for where the Capital was originally going....there's some really impressible 1700's period buildings still, it's a much older town than most here in Ontario left standing...It's relatively small considering but it's basically a college campus for Queens university plus a good hospital and industrial quadrant of course. Beautifully situated on The Lake and River in the Thousand islands Region, Old fort Henry is open for tourists etc...Kingston also supports a generous cross section of Street addled Drug Addicts like any good town should do of course.

jules

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 22, 2019, 03:25:59 PM
Quote from: jules on March 22, 2019, 12:01:04 PM

Nay, Kingston Ontario...about an hour from me, It's the home of The right plastered Sir John A. Macdonald and was initially the place for where the Capital was originally going....there's some really impressible 1700's period buildings still, it's a much older town than most here in Ontario left standing...It's relatively small considering but it's basically a college campus for Queens university plus a good hospital and industrial quadrant of course. Beautifully situated on The Lake and River in the Thousand islands Region, Old fort Henry is open for tourists etc...Kingston also supports a generous cross section of Street addled Drug Addicts like any good town should do of course.
Looks like a nice place.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Are you sitting around thinking, I don't have enough Stag, or Stoner Witch, or even Houdini? FEAR NOT! More releases are coming soon.

QuoteNew vinyl pressings of three previous Melvins releases are being readied for a July 05th release date via Music On Vinyl. Due out on that date are new reissues of 1993's "Houdini" (limited to 1,500 copies on silver vinyl,) 1994's "Stoner Witch" (limited to 1,000 copies on silver vinyl) and 1996's "Stag" (limited to 1,000 copies on silver vinyl.) If vinyl isn't your thing, you can catch the band out with Redd Kross this fall on this U.S. tour.

https://www.theprp.com/2019/05/28/news/new-vinyl-pressings-of-melvins-houdini-stoner-witch-stag-due-in-july/
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

moose

Sooo has MOV already done a pressing of these? Did anybody here buy them?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: moose on May 28, 2019, 07:18:59 PM
Sooo has MOV already done a pressing of these? Did anybody here buy them?
Yep, a European release in 2018. I'm not sure how they sound, although MOV usually gets good reviews.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus