Music On Vinyl to re-release Stag, Stoner Witch and Houdini

Started by jules, May 30, 2018, 07:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Well this new press sounds intriguing. I just don't know where to get them in the states.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

the crybaby

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 28, 2019, 07:15:03 PM
Are you sitting around thinking, I don't have enough Stag, or Stoner Witch, or even Houdini? FEAR NOT! More releases are coming soon.

QuoteNew vinyl pressings of three previous Melvins releases are being readied for a July 05th release date via Music On Vinyl. Due out on that date are new reissues of 1993's "Houdini" (limited to 1,500 copies on silver vinyl,) 1994's "Stoner Witch" (limited to 1,000 copies on silver vinyl) and 1996's "Stag" (limited to 1,000 copies on silver vinyl.) If vinyl isn't your thing, you can catch the band out with Redd Kross this fall on this U.S. tour.

https://www.theprp.com/2019/05/28/news/new-vinyl-pressings-of-melvins-houdini-stoner-witch-stag-due-in-july/

unfortunately silver is the worst sounding vinyl color that can be pressed...  :?

amazonAMAZON

moose

Quote from: the crybaby on May 29, 2019, 11:44:40 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 28, 2019, 07:15:03 PM
Are you sitting around thinking, I don't have enough Stag, or Stoner Witch, or even Houdini? FEAR NOT! More releases are coming soon.

QuoteNew vinyl pressings of three previous Melvins releases are being readied for a July 05th release date via Music On Vinyl. Due out on that date are new reissues of 1993's "Houdini" (limited to 1,500 copies on silver vinyl,) 1994's "Stoner Witch" (limited to 1,000 copies on silver vinyl) and 1996's "Stag" (limited to 1,000 copies on silver vinyl.) If vinyl isn't your thing, you can catch the band out with Redd Kross this fall on this U.S. tour.

https://www.theprp.com/2019/05/28/news/new-vinyl-pressings-of-melvins-houdini-stoner-witch-stag-due-in-july/

unfortunately silver is the worst sounding vinyl color that can be pressed...  :?
Is that true? Still...don't think I have any silver vinyl
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

jules

Quote from: moose on May 28, 2019, 07:35:31 PM
Well this new press sounds intriguing. I just don't know where to get them in the states.
Keep your eyes on Amazon, otherwise I guess you'll have to pay carriage from Europe.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

PepsiMike

You'll have to report how it sounds compared to the original.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

PepsiMike

Quote from: black stallion on June 09, 2019, 03:58:41 AM
i'll do Mike, it's the 2018 version, vinyl is black
Has anyone listened to the silver versions yet?

jules

Quote from: PepsiMike on June 21, 2019, 09:08:54 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 09, 2019, 03:58:41 AM
i'll do Mike, it's the 2018 version, vinyl is black
Has anyone listened to the silver versions yet?
They're not out until July 5th.

moose