Buzz guest vocals on Rainbow Slammers - The Manx

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, June 19, 2018, 04:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

"When Myke and Zach and I were working on the Uncle Melvins episode of Cartoon Networks Uncle Grandpa I think we all had the mutual thought of, "Holy shit! How cool would it be to get King Buzzo to do some guest vocals on "Voyage in Bad Taste?!". A few weeks later we had him sitting in with us at Toshi Kasai's studio recording a verse for "Rainbow Hammer". The original song is a schizophrenic swirl of folk, spazz, hardcore, and doo-wop made all the more berserk with the addition of Buzz's grinding vocal style."

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/honus-honus-remixed-the-manx-buzz-osbornes-the-rainbow-slammers-listen/

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

))))((((

Some of the vocals sound like The Locust. Fucking terrible song though. Buzz rapping??

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((

I didn't really mind Buzzo's rap, it was more surprise by me above there that he did!

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 20, 2018, 08:58:56 AM
I didn't really mind Buzzo's rap, it was more surprise by me above there that he did!

listening to more songs by this band and why not. they toggle between Mucky Pup and They might Be Giants with some banjo thrown in. very weird, yet enjoyable.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on June 20, 2018, 09:03:55 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 20, 2018, 08:58:56 AM

listening to more songs by this band and why not. they toggle between Mucky Pup and They might Be Giants with some banjo thrown in. very weird, yet enjoyable.
The "proper" song sounded truly terrible to me. One vocalist that sounds like Justin Pearson (of The Locust fame), one guy who sounds like one of The Beastie Boys (both of which are fine by me) set to absolutely atrocious music! Not my thing AT ALL.

Captain CoryCory

Buzzo sounds like the best rapper of the whole bunch here, like his vocals actually can sort of work for the genre.  :lol:

amazonAMAZON

"pink bat" and "the bloat" are some of my favorite rap songs already. Haven't listened to the SoundCloud collab
yet

amazonAMAZON

I now agree the remix is interesting, the original is unlistenable