Author Topic: European Tour 2018  (Read 3961 times)

Captain CoryCory and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline buddy holiday

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
Re: European Tour 2018
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2018, 01:36:09 AM »
Holy shit fucking awesome
yeah man cool show, I liked them better than one year ago. first time with pinkus for me. the 2 bassist setup works really well for me also great set list. eventhough personally I could do without the bowie and stones covers... but well, not that they hurt either.
we were standing more to stevens side. highlights: at a crawl, stop/moving to florida, let it all be. also they closed with rebel girl and brought the 2 shitkid members on stage for that.
all in all nothing drastic to report; melvins are still my best band ever.

also merch: ozma and pinkus shirts. they also have another limited edition shirt that has parts of the paris showposter printed, i.e. the 2 swans and uses a stoner witch melvins font. looked nice but I passed. my friend bought the ozma shirt.
cds: pinkus abortion technician (ipecac version, signed) and pinkus cd.
you could get the bern show poster (as posted by budspawn) for a pay-what-you-want price.

Offline ripz

• former bassist
  • tight butthole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2018, 07:39:31 AM »
A few more from last night. That was incredible. Pummelling. Probably the heaviest I've seen.

Offline ripz

• former bassist
  • tight butthole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »
Pic2

Offline ripz

• former bassist
  • tight butthole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2018, 07:41:26 AM »
Pic3

Offline ripz

• former bassist
  • tight butthole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2018, 08:24:55 AM »
Holy shit fucking awesome
yeah man cool show, I liked them better than one year ago. first time with pinkus for me. the 2 bassist setup works really well for me also great set list. eventhough personally I could do without the bowie and stones covers... but well, not that they hurt either.
we were standing more to stevens side. highlights: at a crawl, stop/moving to florida, let it all be. also they closed with rebel girl and brought the 2 shitkid members on stage for that.
all in all nothing drastic to report; melvins are still my best band ever.

also merch: ozma and pinkus shirts. they also have another limited edition shirt that has parts of the paris showposter printed, i.e. the 2 swans and uses a stoner witch melvins font. looked nice but I passed. my friend bought the ozma shirt.
cds: pinkus abortion technician (ipecac version, signed) and pinkus cd.
you could get the bern show poster (as posted by budspawn) for a pay-what-you-want price.
Yep. I saw them last year in orlando and it was more fast and punkish. I appreciate the slow and heavy.

Im from florida! I enjoyed the florida jabs.

I walked up to two groupd of two guys and asked "buddy holiday? Budspawn?". I think they thought i was selling weed. 😂

Offline surfling

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »
great show, as always, although i also appreciate the slow and heavy more than the fast and punky. but any set with "the bit" and " let it all be" and "eye flys" and "don't forget to breathe" in it will work just fine for me  :D

loved watching jeff and steven duel each other.
the only thing with having the two of them there is that to my ears the basses took a little too much of buzz' sonic space away. but that may sound differently in different venues of course.

what did you guys think of the sound yesterday? took a long time for the sound man to get the basses right, first 2o minutes were a distorted mess i thought...
"Pop music is for sheep. And we are shepherds disguised as wolves."
(Laibach)

Offline buddy holiday

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2018, 11:05:48 AM »

what did you guys think of the sound yesterday? took a long time for the sound man to get the basses right, first 2o minutes were a distorted mess i thought...
yes it sounded horrible at first... i also had to adjust my earplugs a few times until all was well balanced for me.

Offline Garnz

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2018, 11:29:03 AM »
loved watching jeff and steven duel each other.
the only thing with having the two of them there is that to my ears the basses took a little too much of buzz' sonic space away. but that may sound differently in different venues of course.

I was not sure if both bassists come over for the European show: Really looking forward to see them both. Wednesday: Yeah!
Only problem: Berghain does not allow to take any photos because it would take some of the unexpected from the dark rooms they have there for their techno parties.

Offline ripz

• former bassist
  • tight butthole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »
A video...a couple more on my YouTube.

Offline jules

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »
I walked up to two groupd of two guys and asked "buddy holiday? Budspawn?". I think they thought i was selling weed. 😂
:lol: :lol:
'Anything doused in any kind of curry is great.'  -  spunkmonkey

'I don't take mice lightly.'  -  Dumpster D

Offline BERZERKER

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2018, 02:55:59 AM »
Airline tickets Bergen - Oslo is not what they used to be, I`m not spending 4000 kroner, 500 USD, to go back and forth, plus hotel, plus, plus, plus. So another lucky fella has bought my two. I really hope Melvins can break out of this rhythm, with only revisiting the same cities and venues each Euro tour. And alos play more saturdays, cause it`s easier to travel in weekends, not having to drop work days. Not complaining, but it would be a dream if they one time ended up visiting Bergen Rock City.

Offline GiveMe45

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2018, 08:20:25 PM »
Airline tickets Bergen - Oslo is not what they used to be, I`m not spending 4000 kroner, 500 USD, to go back and forth, plus hotel, plus, plus, plus. So another lucky fella has bought my two. I really hope Melvins can break out of this rhythm, with only revisiting the same cities and venues each Euro tour. And alos play more saturdays, cause it`s easier to travel in weekends, not having to drop work days. Not complaining, but it would be a dream if they one time ended up visiting Bergen Rock City.
How long is the drive between Bergen and Oslo?

Offline BERZERKER

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2018, 04:43:49 AM »
8 hours both ways. 450 k x2,, with everything from 60 - 80 km in speed limit. Over a mountain range, not an option at all. Snow danger too.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »
Any surprises on the setlist so far?
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline Oscar

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2018, 05:04:01 PM »