new Melvins interview

Started by Courtney, August 21, 2018, 07:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtney

Hey! Our comedy channel on YouTube just did a crazy interview with Buzz and Dale that came out today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtnqjVRJ3A

Pringles

Luck is a residue of design

Bigval

Courtney

Thank you, Pringles and Bigval! The guys were so great.  :D

GrimReaper

Outstanding interview full of humor, loved it.

buddy holiday

best interview, also lots of useful life tips!

))))((((

I applaud the interview and the efforts taken to undertake it, but i REALLY didn't like the comedy. It's fine if people want to do that but personally im not a fan of when interviewers - or people in general - put on a persona (which is ironic since my username is obviously NOT my name) to be hip or cool or ironic or entertaining. The gelled hair and glasses reminded me heavily of Neil Hamburger. Another "comedian" i don't find funny whatsoever. Actually, i don't find any comedian's funny at all so im probably a joyless git. So i guess it's more my dislike for that than the interview being bad.

Speaking in a broader sense, for me when it comes to interviews i prefer serious inquiry and not tomfoolery and japes as is often the case with Melvins interviews. Something that bugs me about that is that even when someone interviews the band in a serious manner, they will fuck around and get all silly rendering the interview itself pointless. I kinda hate Buzz and Dale for that every time. I want serious musicians God damn it! As a fan i want insight and revelation into their music not stupid in-jokes and attempts to belittle or make fun of the interviewer.

jules

:lol:

That was great, Courtney! Still laughing. The outro music was perfect, too.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Courtney

jules, Grim Reaper, buddy holiday, bUTTHOLEmAN - thanks so much for checking it out! I'm happy you liked it.  :D I didn't really think they'd do it, so when their super nice publicist wrote back and said yes, I was surprised (and more than a little excited!).

immoraliste

That was funny and great. Buzz and Dale are two clever bastards.

BERZERKER

Melvins are at their best, when both the interviewer and they can joke and fuck around, as much as they want. This is an interview I watch from start till end, not like with standard interviews, where they ask about the same old stuff, everyone prior has asked them. Btw, is the hair inspired by Neil Hamburger? PS! You should visit Ecumenical discussion on this board, and liven it up!

Dumpster D

amazonAMAZON

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The jokes were great and the YES-AND feel of most of it was fun, too, even when it didn't make sense.

meezer

The "shoot em both in the head" answer could have been used for any number of interviews in previous years. We've had enough of the Nirvana questions thanks.  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix