A dark sabbath cometh duuuuuude! HAZE XXL linocut 2018

Started by amazonAMAZON, August 29, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

I wish Al had used his typical Om voice for this instead of an Ozzy-like impression but oh well. As covers go it was decent.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

This does not disappoint. The second movement is epic. I love " you bastards" in the background or whatever he yells. Can't wait to hear song #2.

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on September 09, 2018, 12:17:47 PM
is Al singing?
Yeah. Some Buzz here and there too.

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 09, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
I love " you bastards" in the background
That's clearly Buzz saying that bit i think. The second song on the release is 'Black Sabbath'.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 09, 2018, 01:54:16 PM
Quote from: black stallion on September 09, 2018, 12:17:47 PM
is Al singing?
Yeah. Some Buzz here and there too.

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 09, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
I love " you bastards" in the background
That's clearly Buzz saying that bit i think. The second song on the release is 'Black Sabbath'.

excited to hear the song Black Sabbath!

Justafilthylurker

the play it slower! these guys know what they're doing

aeustin

Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: glen on August 30, 2018, 09:48:23 AM
a small part of me is surprised anyone from MELVINS was interested in covering a Black Sabbath song.

but then again.. the almighty dollar is highly motivational.    this will sell like wildfire.
I'm sure Buzz likes Black Sabbath more than he wants to admit.
They've already done Black Sabbath covers and not for the dollah.
For all his talk of the Stones, Beatles and the importance of the classics there's no way he doesn't respect the founding fathers of heavy metal.
He just doesn't want to show it much.
They just don't worship them like, say, Sleep do.
He just has to say his contrarian thing every time, come on it's Buzz.
Of course has to mention they were more into Black Flag than Black Sabbath so people don't go thinking they were ripping off Black Sabbath when they built their sound, because that's not what happened, they grew from another scene. He doesn't want anyone building obvious false connections.
Regarding Ozzy he just obviously thinks his life decisions weren't that wise, but that's personal.
That's all there is to it.

glen

Quote from: Justafilthylurker on September 09, 2018, 05:48:18 PM

reminds me of their Moving Sidewalks version of Hold Your Hand how it struggles through the scale changes. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

spunkmonkey

QuoteOf course has to mention they were more into Black Flag than Black Sabbath so people don't go thinking they were ripping off Black Sabbath when they built their sound

Based on their early stuff, I don't see how one could see more Sabbath than BF in their sound.

black stallion

Quote from: glen on September 10, 2018, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on September 09, 2018, 05:48:18 PM

reminds me of their Moving Sidewalks version of Hold Your Hand how it struggles through the scale changes.
agreed

Dumpster D

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 08, 2018, 07:55:35 PM
Paranoid is pretty much untouchable. There's limits to the musicianship, I guess, but the songs and the sound and the sequencing are perfect.

That said, I don't need covers of those songs so anything Sabbath the Melvins choose to do is great by me. I sort of half expect a weird interpretation like Buick McKane or that one split single they only half learned (was it the Velvet Underground, or KISS).

But I also think with Al it's likely to be heavy and dark which is a great thing.

I picked up a few years ago, a newly released double LP of a 60's band called "Iron Maiden" (NO CONNECTION TO THE 80's IRON MAIDEN)

They were from the same time and place Just never put out a full release and had all these Acetates that never got played, the band basically didn't make it out of the 60's and went through many lineup and name changes in the mid 60's. 

So Honestly? Where did sabbath get some of their influence? IMO check into the Original Iron Maiden band and you'll see where they got some ideas for songs like NIB for example and drew more from Occult subject matter.

also, my friend played me the Melvins Cover of Sabbath Bloody sabbath, it took me a minute to figure it out. The whole thing had more of a St. Vitus vibe or sleep or something.

vince furnier

I listened to it for the first time last night. I have no idea what happened. kindle must've glitched out. first 2 times I could barely hear the vocals, bass or drums. sounded like some weird noise rock. I thought wow, this is brave. then on the 3rd listen it played for real with all the proper levels and I was a little disappointed. not great. not bad. kinda bland. I think it'll grow on me.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((